Thread: Can BlackBerry 8120 make calls over wifi for free?

Can BlackBerry 8120 make calls over wifi for free?

Hi friends I have blackberry pearl 8120, and this is my favorite mobile. There are many of the features and the application to use. I am very happy with this mobile. So recently my data plan for GPRS/WAP is expired, so I just want to know whether it is possible me to use these mobile to surf the web, send and receive text messages and email and to make the call for free using the Wifi connection. Is it possible to use the wifi to make the free call with the help of this blackberry? If you guys have any ideas or suggestion then please let me know.

Re: Can BlackBerry 8120 make calls over wifi for free?

According to my information you can use the wifi in your blackberry pearl, to surf the web and for the email purpose. But there no chances for making the free call with your blackberry using the wi-fi connection. You can make use of the wifi for using the internet but not for calling.

There are the chances for doing all the things on the internet within the wifi signal range. But however the text message that you are sending may be billed at the unit cost rate. However the wifi can be used for surfing and for the messaging purpose. The blackberry mobile can be used for various purpose with the help of the wifi connection except calling.

Is there any application available to make this free calling? Can I install any such application that provides this feature for free calling with the blackberry pearl 8120, using the wifi. If there then let me know

Is there any application available to make this free calling? Can I install any such application that provides this feature for free calling with the blackberry pearl 8120, using the wifi. If there then let me know
    According to my suggestion currently no applications is available for blackberry pearl 8120, that provide this facility to make calls via wifi like Skype etc. However if your cell have the UMA then maybe it is possible to do this but for the certain condition only. So finally I just want to suggest that there are no application is available that have this feature for free calling using wifi.

There by using the Wifi you can make many uses of the BlackBerry 8120, except the calls over the internet. So in order to make the use of the feature of the BlackBerry you just have to be in the range of the wifi signal. So however still I have not heard about such features, there we just have to make the use of the features of these mobile and for that we have to billed at the unit cost rate.