Thread: How to update LG Revolution to verison Zv4 to Zv7?

How to update LG Revolution to verison Zv4 to Zv7?

From past couple of days I am using LG Revolution. In order to update the Phone of mine with Zv7 I restored the stock without wiping both system as well as boot.img from original factory band. After that used revotoolkit so that I can restore the stock recovery and downloaded and installed the update on the device successfully. Can you share the experience of updating your phone with Zv7????

re: How to update LG Revolution to verison Zv4 to Zv7?

I was using Revolt 1.5 and looking to get Gingerbread. I downgraded stock rooted nandroid backup. After that I went for settings and about phone and then go for software update. But did not happened over there. I tried couple of times but there was no change in the situation. So I am wondering that all the people who are having the same issue should use the stock rooted with the stock recovery until and unless the thing is fixed.

Well in this particular situation I used MT's ROM stock and used the instructions and upgraded through OTA to GB without having any issue, Erased the Memory card installed on the device as well. Also CWM recovery did not stuck after reboot. I wanted to see how custom ROMs before flashing and hoping CWM issue would be resolved.

I have done the following steps to update Zv4 to Zv7.
    • I went for cwr and created nand backup. After that I done thecubed's root nandroid rip with advanced restore with stock system.img and boot.img. I did not erased anything.
    • Once done I used revotoolkit so that I could flash stock recovery. If I am not wrong the above mentioned steps allows you to partial update. I got prompt for the Zv6 update and updated the device without any issue.
    • Few moments later I got Zv7 update.
    • After competing with that I used esteem root in order to root the device of mine.