Thread: No need of 4G hotspot for Toshiba thrive to use Wi-Fi

No need of 4G hotspot for Toshiba thrive to use Wi-Fi

Currently I am using unrooted Toshiba thrive into non-ad-hoc mode. I wanted to use this particular device without setting up into ad-hoc mode. Is there any way to do the same? if so post your comments over here. Well I am waiting for the quick response of yours.

Re: No need of 4G hotspot for Toshiba thrive to use Wi-Fi

In this particular situation you will need to root the device and you have to get the latest version of Android WiFi tether and tether device of yours for WiFi.
    After done with the same you have to go for Settings and you have to look for the change device profile and look for the device name and choose change LAN and you have to select 192.168.1.0/24.
    Once competed with the above mentioned steps you will be able to enjoy 4G speed.

So far I have not got the way to disable the n mode on device. Due that mode connection is fluctuate from 6Mpbs to 65Mbps and thus connection is loose due to some kind of issue with 4gHotSpot App. I am hoping that there could be some kind of trick to disable the n mode so that I could make strong connection. As I went to g only mode in the hotspot I will be able to make the strong connection. The speed which I have mentioned above is associated into Networking tab of the Windows Task Manager. The link speed is showing 65Mbps when the phone is getting connected. However after connecting with the internet you will get the speed of 6Mbps. But I was getting 4Mbps Link Speed when started to use 'g' only connection.

With ad-hoc you will not be able to get connected with the another android device. I think there was something wrong and expecting that Google would be already working on the same. Windows is having weakest networking ability and that is the reason it will not connect automatically. If you are looking to use auto connect with ad hoc then it is not going to happen at all.

Well Garden Tether is ad hoc only and it seems to be stable and it is available in the market. It seems to be better app and so far I there was no disconnect issue. in case you have made an attempt to connect an Android device with the ad hoc network then mostly it could not see the device. So there is need of infrastructure . no two apps are same in terms of setting they could be closely identical but working in different manner.