Thread: Will Nokia continue to sell unlocked phones in the US?

Will Nokia continue to sell unlocked phones in the US?

HI, as the title implies i was wondering as Will Nokia continue to sell unlocked phones? Though i have mentioned in US but i am expecting it to all other regions as well. in fact i am quite curious to have windows phone, will they give up on the unlocked phone strategy as i have heard from one of the source. Anyway it would be good if you guys share your views/opinions. Thanks.

Re: Will Nokia continue to sell unlocked phones in the US?

See according to me doesn’t matter whether they give us unlocked or we make it unlocked, after all this is depends upon us. If you really wanted to have a phone with all the potential and without any data plan so obviously there are numerous methods through which you can unlock the phone. but still if you wanted to have such good Smartphone i would like to suggest you that you should wait till what AT&T releases for the same..!

I do have heard about the same thing as Nokia Abandoning Unlocked Strategy in Favor of Selling Phones Through Carriers.

In other words, disparate in the past where Nokia offered its smartphone’s completely unlocked and unsubsidized in the U.S…! The Smartphone-maker has proclaimed that it will be fully working with carriers for Windows Phone 7. That simply means that the company will not be promoting any unlocked devices in the U.S but according to me that doesn’t matter as already mentioned by the above user. And along with that they have also stated as customers in the States would have to go through carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile to get Nokia handsets.

According to me this is actually awful isn’t it? Because see once AT&T starts selling the new Nokia Smartphone’s, they will be capable to detect them and force us into a data plan. The main reason I bought my older Nokia N8 Unlocked simply to avoid that unnecessary monthly cost - free wifi forever!

I am not sure about the other phones from the nokia but as far as windows phones are concerned, There was an conference not that long ago which proposed that the days of unlocked phones are over with the Windows OS ...! so though we get other phones unlocked from the nokia but not from windows fraternity.

I am not sure about the other phones from the nokia but as far as windows phones are concerned, There was an conference not that long ago which proposed that the days of unlocked phones are over with the Windows OS ...! so though we get other phones unlocked from the nokia but not from windows fraternity.
    No matter who had suggest this crapped but still You could always import them from Europe as what i do whenever i need any phone for anyone. For instance the N9 sells now in the US at around 650-700, as soon as it drops a bit more I'll get it..! see there’s always a solution rather i would say alternative. In my opinion i would say selling Unlocked phone will be a good strategy in fact, because there are numerous people who don’t wanted to be with the network provider with whom they have mutuality.

I doubt whether this is possible or not because if we order the phone from Europe then they would have the European IMEIs. Yes, they will most likely have the IMEI for the windows run in Nokia phone’s but I will not at all obtaining one so that doesn't trouble me afterwards. Given there are many more Simian phones coming out I will have phones for quite awhile. In fact i would say, Although Symbian may not be the best OS, it works just fine for me, rather it far much better as compare to this newer windos OS. The contemporary report is that Belle & Carla will work on N8 & then Donna will debut w/ the N8 successor w/ dual-core to be the preceding new Symbian phone.