Thread: Accidentally spilled water on MacBook Pro keyboard and speakers

Accidentally spilled water on MacBook Pro keyboard and speakers

There is one ridicules thing happened to me today that wheile drinking the water for the bottle my friend made me laugh and I accidently spill all the water on my brand new MacBook Pro keyboard and speakers and now I am a bit worried is to what to do.

I firstly drained up all the water that was on the MacBook Pro keyboard and speakers and let it for 78 hours to get it dry. Is that enough please guys I need a help on this I would be really appreciating your afford thanks

re: Accidentally spilled water on MacBook Pro keyboard and speakers

I spill water on the MacBook Pro has? and I wiped him as soon as possible, I flipped upside down to allow water to drain and remove the back and dried out any excess water no w I left it down for one day and it dry now then will have inspection for any water remain and there was no. It is working today, and there does not appear that there is something wrong with it. I just want to know how I know that there was no water left, and if it is safe that I'm using it soon. It was not a ton of water but a large amount on the keyboard and speakers to make me worry. Thank god I flipping upside down, I mean, I close with a towel between the screen and keyboard, and let the water drain through the keys instead of through the components of "sensitive." If you Leave it for one day, must be dried up all the water before, especially if the MacBook Pro . You should only be worried if it was not ordinary water, which spilled on MacBook Pro to clean something like coffee or juice will leave residue behind that you may need by a professional.

I just turn a glass of water on the keyboard of my MacBook left side of the keyboard top , and I took off the battery. When I put it in reverse and water out of the esc key.
    The battery works fine when I plug it. But when I press the button to turn it on nothing happens. It will not boot. I do not know what else to do. I spent the hair dryer on the keyboard. I have the 3-year Apple Care protection. Do you think that the guarantee will work? I wonder if some of you already had this kind of trouble or has been involved in customer service? What was the outcome? What do you advise me? Is there a way for after-sales service technicians to see if a Macbook received water such as mobile phones through the bars
    Please assist!

Well apart from the stupid answers like "do not drink beside her laptop" that provide no aid. I got valuable information from the forums via private messages, and an apple technician. The latter advised me to let him stand upright slightly open so that the water does not stagnate on the motherboard near a radiator for the water to evaporate more easily. Also I removed the keyboard to access the motherboard and the fan, I cleaned the components with deionizer water and a cotton swab. At the fan, there were traces of oxidation and some traces of water on electrical components Then I l 'I let it dry two days. Since his adventure everything works perfectly!

the same thing happened to me last month, the Service does not work for this type of accident. I have gone to the apple store in Lion, I told my misfortune to a apple executive and he was very understanding, he told me this since I am e a student and do not lie he repair the laptop so try, you never know, . I recovered after 8 days. if not properly dried after, : Unfortunately, I just got it stolen on the train, had very bad time

The sensors present in the MacBook and MacBook Pro are equipped with moisture sensors. If its appear white when checking then you are covered by Apple Care warranty, for against, if they appear red, you may be not because it means that the machine has been exposed to moisture that not covered by warranty.

this morning I spilled little water on my MacBook keyboard black. I hurry to dry the beast, blowing between the keys to do well out of water, all with the computer on. Everything works great and only 20 minutes later that some keys begin to stop working. Result I have the keys: Caps lock, the LED does not light up - shift - ctrl - space – Q Is this repairable or do you think I change the uppercase directly? Can there be only remove the keyboard to clean it? Thanks in advance

All you need to have is Patient all the moisture evaporates. Put it on the edge so that water does not stagnate on the caret mother and flows down the "esc". And then you pray ... As for the SAV applecare, I do not know if the water damage is supported if recent, less than 30 days, it is covered by your CB for this kind of thing,

the warranty will not work. In addition, the Service will notice. So for now it is best to wait and allow to dry water. Where is the water fall? The computer was turned on? If so and if it was turned off can mean that there has been an ongoing circuit so if a bad sign if you had cut that nothing is lost. If you try to relight constantly there may be over circuit so I advise you to wait. I waited more than 24 hours and nothing worked. Only when I disassembled and cleaned with great care he has started again. Disassemble a Mac is not complicated, I can assure you. All you need tools to remove small defects. Moreover, it is a whole glass that has passed on my mac book and not a glass-bottom theoretically your situation looks less dramatic than mine. Finally, the use of dematerialized water m has been advised by an apple technician. It is safe and effective consequences for electronic parts. Good luck

My macbook pro two years ago. This week I have a bottle of water that spilled in my bag while my computer was on standby. I immediately left and left it dry for three days before turning it on. When was on, everything was fine, but my computer does not load. Someone that is not damaged in have such a mess? Apple store they said that estimate would cost $ 85 euros

Turning on your MacBook is the only way to know if it works, when wet if you lose the warranty, the MacBook has small devices that change color upon contact with any liquid. At the opening of the warranty is not lost, unless you cause damage or change any part in a facility not authorized.