Thread: Want to share files over wifi between Android phone and windows 7

Want to share files over wifi between Android phone and windows 7

hello guys, i have a android phone and there are some files with in it and wanted to share those files over WI-FI in my windows 7 PC. I looked up "setup home wifi network windows 7" but i don't have enough idea about that. I basically desire not only to have my router set up to provide my phone with internet but a means of sharing files. would you provide some suggestions regarding the same. thanks .

Re: Want to share files over wifi between Android phone and windows 7

in your case as you wished your files should be transferred through wi fi over your windows 7 from your android phone i would like to say that you should enable the wifi settings of these two devices initially. these must be known for everyone and if you are looking forward for the answer then i should say that you should make use of FTP. in my case i am making use of SCP for my linux boxes

previous to you we go into the details, you require to have a install of some applications on your Android phone:
    * according to me, ES File Explorer is an excellent file manager for Android. the feature it occupies is that it comes with a built in search function, image viewer, and more important in thsi case is a LAN browser that we’ll make use of to have a successful transfer of files to our computer by the means of Wifi.
    * swiFTP is a lightweight FTP server that allows you to have a successive transfer of multiple files from Windows, Linux, or Mac operating system by means of a secure FTP connection.

i will state some steps to perform while transferring files.
    lets begin with creating a shortcut to our Android phone in our Windows Explorer.initially open the “Computer” folder to map your android phone present in the in Windows file explorer
    • then enter the IP address of your phone.
    • make a entry for the user name that we specify in swiFTP, and afterwards have a click on next to proceed.
    • there will be an entry for an appropriate name for the connection. enter it.
    • Now every time you require to access your phone, simply double click the FTP shortcut to your phone, and then make a entry of your FTP password, and you will be able to have access over all your files in your phone.

i will say some more steps which will be really helpful in your case. first of all launch ES File explorer from the application screen. ES File explorer contains of three tabs: a local tab that will tend to display all the files which are located in your phone, a LAN tab that will be able to display all the devices on your local network, and an FTP tab that displays any FTP server on your network. for thsi to occur you need to tap the menu button to bring up ES File Explorer menu, and finally tap the new button.

i can get your point and i think i am a close to my answer and i want to know whether is there a way to browse the contents of my phone with my computer by means of wifi? in addition to this i also like to know is ftp better when we make comparison with the standard type of network.

hello guys, i would say a simple thing about FTP that it is a communications protocol and not a network type which you were mentioning. also to state further you should make a confirmation whether your computer and smart phone are part of the same wireless network or not.