Thread: Windows High end gaming PC OR new iMac for gaming

Windows High end gaming PC OR new iMac for gaming

I need you r help now I have been loyal to Apple for pass 10 years and now I am thinking of getting the new PC, so obviously I am planning to but the new iMac that is available. Now my friends suggesting me go for the High end gaming PC from windows so what are my option here I was really need to know this . Frankly I don’t what to go to the windows . so anyone here can help me what should I do . I am planning to but the games like Star Wars and Crysis 2 . I would be really appreciate any help form you

Re: Windows High end gaming PC OR new iMac for gaming

Im not worried if it isnt the best gaming pc ever, i simply need to understand can it work? will it handle games that my laptop currently can’t? I even have an HP currently with four RAM. will iMac be ready to do this

Right, HP with 4GB RAM is such a beautiful and descriptive performance baseline! thus is "new iMac" when there are variety of models. Specifics. Use them. . A Mac is not a great sensible choice if gaming is your primary concern, however apparently does not notice that Steam and a better variety of titles through it are on the market for OS X for a short while currently

it wont be, cause ALL games are computer or steam, some recent worst games are on mac

MAC=Intel=Video editing
    PC=AMD=Gaming

So iMacs is not sensible for gaming, however it's going to work. iMac is the worst investment you'll have if you would like to play higher finish games

it's not a professional gaming rig except for 'most' gaming wants the iMac over fulfills their wants, particularly as in my case where i take advantage of the iMac for each work and play. If you are into very high finish gaming at max settings and full res on the 27", the 2GB would in all probability be a better plan, otherwise, the 1GB would be fine.

Depending on what else you have got open, you will likely realize that 4GB may be a bit constrained for gaming. i would say either get a 4GB or 8GB memory kit from no matter vendor you like to put in in to the iMac you get. Also, for gaming? 2GB VRAM possibility.

Also, keep in mind most game styleers do not design these games on minimal systems to run well on those systems. they have a tendency to use recent machines that are fairly well configure then style the sport to run well on those systems.

Most games on my iMac absolutely loaded, memory upgraded to 16GB myself ran perfectly at 1920x1080 with all the settings cranked up. 2560x1440 was doable for many games at High settings. there is a thread concerning overclocking if you rummage around for it, within which even Crysis 2 and Metro 2033 were ready to average 40-43fps at 2560x1440 at terribly high settings.Yes, you may recuperate frame rates in Windows 7 than in OS X. The gap is closing, however it's still there. Additionally, the drivers that are bundled with Boot Camp are significantly older than what's currently on the market from AMD. you'll perpetually upgrade them yourself, and worst case, fall back to the Boot Camp-bundled drivers.

I use win 7 for my gaming wants and realize taking part in at native resolution to be terribly playable. may not be the very best setting however i dont feel my gaming expertise has deteriorated. Mind you i play the the latest most demanding games either. want four Speed hot pursuit, Split Second, Battlefield 2, Half Life 2 and some others.

Benchmarks have shown that games perform higher in Windows 7 than they are doing in OSX, however although you were to use boot camp and run Windows, and iMac merely is not progressing to do a better job. I even have nothing against iMac's, however they solely are not created with gaming in mind. You recognize the issue concerning continually , they're perpetually wrong.

The iMac, particularly the newest version, is sufficient for many individuals when it involves gaming. certain it does not stack up against a purpose designed computer gaming rig, except for most of the people the hardware is over ok for today's games. I assume anyone thinking of using an iMac for gaming is additional to the casual finish of the gaming spectrum and they will be over pleased with an iMac's performance. I keep in mind watching benchmarks for supply engine games where the framerate for OSX was literally half that in Win7. perhaps things have modified since then. Either approach an IMac isn't progressing to stack up against a "real" gaming machine. after all it's dependent entirely on what games you're taking part in and what detail levels, and framerates you discover acceptable.

buying a iMac for gaming sounds like obtaining a ferrari enzo for the searching and faculty runs , appearance pretty and can manage , however is actually not work for the aim additional like shopping for a BMW 745i and attempting to try to to F1 racing with it. But, I do just like the thought of your analogy. , you'll presumably build identical . It's pretty simple, even a Mac user will do it!