Thread: iPhone 4 cannot sync to MacBook Pro?

iPhone 4 cannot sync to MacBook Pro?

I am using the iPhone 4 and MacBook Pro which is running Leopard. I have large iTunes library which is with the audiobooks. My problem is that I am not able to sync my iPhone 4 to MacBook Pro. Whenever I try to do that then it shows me the error message that there is not enough space on the computer but I have enough space on the computer. I cannot understand that what is the reason for this issue and how can this be resolved. I am thinking to uninstall some of the applications from my computer as thet might be taking the space. I was searching for this on many of the sites but not got the solution for this so I am posting this over here.

Re: iPhone 4 cannot sync to MacBook Pro?

Just remove the phone from the PC and after that update the iTunes from the Apple website. There are may of the cases where updating the iTunes helps and so I hope that it will do the same for you.

What is the total amount of the backup. As the message indicates that the amount of the backup data is more than the total amount of the space vacant in your computer. Now check the memory left on your computer. If you wish to check the total amount then just go to the desktop and from there right click on the Macintosh HD icon and select get info option. When you do that then it will show you the total amount of the space remaining on your computer. If needed the delete some of the files which are not needed to you and then again try to sync that.

I want to tell you that in most of the computers the files which consumes most of the space is music, videos and photos. Applications and programs installed in your computer do not take that much amount of space. So this is wrong decision to uninstall those applications. Just remove all the unnecessary music, videos and photos to free the memory.

To free up the memory, what you can do is, just go to the download folder if you have not cleaned up the memory of the phone and check that, I am sure that you are having many of the unnecessary files over there. Delete them all if you do not require them. That really consumes a lot of space on the hard drive. Lot of people avoid this and because of that they face the memory issues like this. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post
    To free up the memory, what you can do is, just go to the download folder if you have not cleaned up the memory of the phone and check that, I am sure that you are having many of the unnecessary files over there. Delete them all if you do not require them. That really consumes a lot of space on the hard drive. Lot of people avoid this and because of that they face the memory issues like this. I hope that this will be helpful to you.
    This is really a very good suggestion but I think that there is one more better way for this and that is to run the disk cleanup wizard. When you do that then this will automatically detect and delete all the temporary and unnecessary files from that. This is the best that I can suggest you.

Yes, I also agree that disk cleanup will work for you and you will be out of the issue after this but if in some case that is not working for you then it will be better for you to contact the apple support and from there you will get exact reason for this.

I think that there is some problem with the connection. So what you can do is, just make use of a new cable and make sure that it is connected properly. So before moving to any big solution, it will be better for you to check for some of the basic things like this.