Thread: How to clear recent apps list in iPhone 4S

How to clear recent apps list in iPhone 4S

I have searched a lot for this but not got the way to do this. I want to clar all my recent apps from the list on the iPhone 4S. It is not creating any problem but I really don’t like those applications to be in the list. When I double click on the home buton then that shows me the recent apps and there is one "x" on the side but when I click on that then nothing happens. Please tell me some way to clear recent apps list from the iPhone 4S. Please reply.

Re: How to clear recent apps list in iPhone 4S

There is one simple way to do that. If you want to do that then you will just have to double tap the home button and when you do that then it will open the bottom drawer where you will be able to all the apps that you have used previously. Just press and hold any of the applications from the list and when you that then you will find that it will start jiggling and you will also get one red caution sign. All you have to do is click on that sign and when you do that then you will find that the apps will disappear either one by one or all at once until the list is empty. This is the only way that I know to do that.

If none of the ways worked for you in some case then you can simply turn that off and after that start it again. This will surely clear the list but as you start using the applications then those apps will be added in the list again.

As you told that the app is not getting removed even after clicking on the "x" sign then I am sure that there is some bug with the iPhone or with the ios. It will be better for you is you can contact the apple support and ask them for this. They will help you with this in better way.

Have you performed the hard reboot for this? If not then you must try with this once and see if this can help you for this problem or not. If you want to do that then you will just have to press and hold the home and "lock" button which is there at the top right for a few seconds. Keep that press unless it reboots your device. Once starts rebooting the release the buttons and that will give you a clean startup. There will not be any app opened. Now open any of the app again and then try to quite that as the usual method that was not working earlier.

I think that resetting the settings of that to the default could also solve the problem for you. To do that, just open the settings and from there go to general settings and select reset. Click on the option "Reset All Settings". You will have to change some of the settings that you change according to your need but that can solve the problem for you.

Either you can make use of any of the available software from the android market otherwise you can simply restart the device and you are done with this but if you want to do this frequently then using some application for this will be better option for you.

I don't find any other w ay then clearing them one by one or restarting this. These are the only ways for this and there is no other way to do this. I did a lot search on this and this is the final solution that I found for this.