Thread: Text Message vs iMessage

Text Message vs iMessage

I have noticed that whenever I send message to somebody then some of the times it goes as iMessage (light blue) and/or as a Text Message (normal green as IOS 4). I am not able to make out that what is the difference between that. I would really appreciate if someone of you can provide me some information on this that what is the difference between these. There is no problem to the delivery of the message but I w ant to know that what is the difference between these.

Re: Text Message vs iMessage

I would like to tell you that the iMessages can only be sent as well as received between the devices which are running the iOS5. The message app in your device is used to identify that if the recipient is able to receive iMessages. If they are able to receive the imessage then that will be sent otherwise it will be sent as the text SMS. This is the reason that some of the messages are going as the imessage and some are as the text message

The announcement of iMessage as part of the new iOS 5 was in June of this year. The function is available only on iPhones. The transmission of short messages, each with a maximum of 160 characters brings the enormous margins. It is in fact a kind of waste product anyway necessary communication devices with the radio masts. The SMS is sent through a control channel, which keeps costs extremely low. You can calculate the amount of data you an SMS (about 0.13 kilobytes) and the cost of about $ 0.20 in bits. As long as alternative messaging services such as iMessage confined to individual devices or platforms, the problem is manageable.

Who does not want to pay to send messages to others can make an app as WhatsApp for use. Apple has recognized the popularity of this program and chat functionality and thevy added a component for this in iOS 5. However, many people who install iOS 5 may look in vain for the chat app but will not find it there. The confusion is caused by the fact that Apple has tried to iMessage functionality seamlessly integrates into existing functionality of IOS. It is of so much of confusion because the way it is integrated is fantastic. iMessage is not a standalone app, it's a feature. Just go through the manual and you will have better idea about this.

Text message can be sent to any of the devices but in order to have the imessage both the devices should have the support for the imessage otherwise it will be sent as normal message.

iMessage is basically a messaging service only for iPhones, similar to Blackberries BBM. It allows iPhone users to talk to other iPhone users for free, by using either WiFi or 3G / mobile internet. Not only can you talk to iPhones, but with other Apple products with iMessage such as the iPad or iPod. iMessage is only available with iOS 5, and is completely free (providing you have WiFi or 3G).