Thread: Webcam stopped working in Dell XPS M1530 webcam

Webcam stopped working in Dell XPS M1530 webcam

In my Dell XPS M1530 laptop I was using windows vista perating system and all the things are working like a charm. I have recently upgrade operating system to windows 7 in my Dell XPS M1530 laptop and after upgrading the operating system webcam has stopped working. What should I do to get rid of this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Webcam stopped working in Dell XPS M1530 webcam

You have to first go to the device manager in your laptop and then you have to check whether there is exclamation mark on webcam device or not. If there is exclamation mark then you have to reinstall the drivers and after that your problem might get solved. Try this solution and after that check whether you get any help or not.

If you have exclamation mark on your webcam device then you have to first uninstall the web drivers completely from your Dell XPS M1530 laptop. To remove the drivers you have top right click on the webcam device in device manager and then you have to click on uninstall. Now after that restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to install web drivers again in your laptop and after doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

As far as I know after reinstalling the webcam drivers your laptop you will not face any problem with webcam. If you still face same problem after that then let me know.

According to me you should download Creative Labs-Driver from the internet and after that you have to install Creative Labs-Driver in your laptop and after installing the Creative Labs-Driver in your laptop you have to restart it and after restarting the laptop you have to check whether your webcam is working properly or not. I think this solution will be helpful for you.

If you want to download the Creative Labs-Driver in your laptop then you have to visit the Dell support site and then you have to select support and download option and then select your laptop model number and then download the Creative Labs-Driver. If you are not able to find the drivers then you can also get the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

After installing Creative Labs-Driver webcam will start working.

Well I have uninstalled the webcam drivers from the device manger and after that I have reinstalled the drivers also and after doing that also same problem occurred with my laptop. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by downloading the Creative Labs-Driver and then installing them in my laptop also I was facing same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

As you have said that you are facing same problem after trying above solution also and that is why I would like to tell you that you should remove all the divers from your Dell XPS M1530 laptop and then you have to download the drivers for windows Vista from the official site of the dell and after doing that you have to install the windows Vista compatible drivers in your laptop and after that you have to check whether webcam start working properly or not. as far as I know installing windows Vista compatible drivers will fix your problem.

If Vista drivers does not help also then there might be something else causing this problem. You should contact the Dell support and then you have to tell them about the problem which you are facing and after that they will give you proper solution regarding this and then your problem will get solved.

I agree with the above solution. Installing Vista compatible driver’s ion your laptop can solve this problem. I was having similar problem in my Dell inspiron and after that I have tried windows Vista compatible drivers in my laptop and then my problem get solved. You can also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.