Thread: Inserting SD card in my samsung galaxy note drains up the battery.

Inserting SD card in my samsung galaxy note drains up the battery.

I have a samsung galaxy note phone from past 3 weeks. Everything worked smoothly even I inserted a 2 GB SD card into the memory slot yesterday. but what i noticed is that initially my phone battery use to drain 25 MA but after inserting the SD card it drained 50 to 60 MA. First I thought it could be due to the SD card I inserted but later on after inserting all other types of different cards the results were same. Is there something wrong with my battery or with my phone?

Re: Inserting SD card in my samsung galaxy nexus drains up the battery.

It doesn’t seem to be normal. Inserting a SD card into a memory slot should not cause any problem to the battery. If you say, changing different SD cards show up the same result then definitely it should be your battery problem. Just do one thing, remove your SD card from the slot and keep the slot empty and then note down your battery status. If it still shows the same result then no doubt it’s your battery creating the entire problem.

Earlier when I bought the phone I use to access my phone without a memory card. It all started after inserting the card into the slot. After all such problem occurred, now I am using my moblie phone without a memory card and its working fine and normal. Is there any relation between a SD card and battery?

There are lots of user reporting for the draining of battery in galaxy nexus. Most of the users using this phone have noticed that their battery usage is not so happening. Must be you are one on them. Better you show you phone to the care center, probably they might change your phone’s battery. Even if there is some other problem, they will make it out.

According to my knowledge, there is one negative relation between the SD card and the battery. it’s that when you remove your memory card without unmounting, it will surely result in maximum battery drainage. Once you have committed this mistake the battery will keep on draining until and unless you do a factory reboot. So every time you remove you SD card from the phone make sure that you are unmounting the card and then removing it from the slot.

Re: Inserting SD card in my samsung galaxy note drains up the battery.

If you insert a card in your slot, definitely there is no doubt that you get excess amount of space that can hold large amount of data, file, music files, pics, videos etc. this will result in excess use of the phone which will again result in excess usage of battery. this mean that there is no problem with any of the accessories or hardware of you phone. Everything is just because of excess usage of your phone.