Thread: WWAN FFC alternatives for Sony VAIO VPC-Z1

WWAN FFC alternatives for Sony VAIO VPC-Z1

Recently I was trying to add WWAN to my non-WWAN Sony VAIO VPC-Z1, so while doing this I have the problems with the FFC cables. So I have even made the use of the Gobi card there but however I can’t able to add WWAN. So I just want to know is there any alternative –parts are available for this WWAN, so if you guys have any of the ideas or the suggestion then please do the reply. Any of the ideas or the suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: WWAN FFC alternatives for Sony VAIO VPC-Z1

According to my information for adding WWAN to your non-WWAN VPC-Z1 laptop is not that much of tough. But the hardest part is to install the antennas in the screen. May be the FFC cable that you are using is from the spare parts warehouse, so may it is second handed so that will be one of the reasons that it fails to connect to the daughter board. So either you have to get the new one from the eBay.

The thing that you must have is the Gobi card, the daughter board, some antennas and the main FFC. So the main thing here is that you must have this parts that are used for these purpose. So they all must belong to the original part number, which was used in your laptop. So this is important that whatever you are making use must be the original parts of that part number.

The thing that matter here is did you have the daughterboard, is it 453 or 452, and also is their presence of the card slot is there or not. So first you have to make the verification for this and then we can proceed further.

The thing that matter here is did you have the daughterboard, is it 453 or 452, and also is their presence of the card slot is there or not. So first you have to make the verification for this and then we can proceed further.
    I have the WWAN board, but there I have not seen the SIM slot, but there is the presence of solder points. So I have decided to have the new one which has the SIM slot. So is there any model you guys know that have this SIM slot. I am still confused.

As per my suggestion you should go to have the 453 daughterboard from the Sony or from the ebay. Because this have solder with sim holder, so I think that you must try the digikey ff cable which fits properly in the daughterboard connector. So maybe this will works for you.

If you wish to have the SIM holder, then you can either visit the eBay or you can also buys some of the old and the broken model that have the presence of this SIM holder. So if you have this then just desolder the SIM holder from there and make use into your laptop, this alternative is fine to make the use of the SIM holder with the ffc cable.

The thing that I want to know is that what Gobi software you are trying to make the use, and also this thing is depends on the vendor’s card that you have purchased. So if you are not having the branded Sony Gobi cards, then there are the chances that this thing will not work for you. So according to my suggestion get the branded Sony Gobi cards that work with the Sony firmware. This is simple and the straight forward solution for your query.

Even I was also facing the same issue at starting, so I have try many of the things and the alternate tricks. So finally I have got the solution may it work for you to fix this issue? So for that I have just bought some Hitachi antennas with the presence of the leads at top of them. And then I have just made the use of this antenna above the express card slot. And also the thing that I have purchased is the VAIO TZ Bluetooth adapter, which is compatible with the VPC-Z. And also the connector and the chip is suitable for this. And finally I make use of that and get it works.

According to my information you must get the SIM slots from any of the official site, and make the use of that Sim slot because this is seem to be working for this condition. The best is to get the Sony Gobi card and WWAN with SIM, so try to make use of this, may it will give you some of the helps.