Thread: List of shortcuts file in my pen drive reappears again after deleting several times

List of shortcuts file in my pen drive reappears again after deleting several times

I’m using the pen drive to transfer files and data but what I have seen from past few days that there is shortcut file re-appearing after deleting many of the times. So what can be the reason behind getting the shortcuts file again and again. Do anyone from here have the idea regarding the issue of getting the files after deleting it and how to get rid of this shortcut files permanently.

Re: List of shortcuts file in my pen drive reappears again after deleting several times

First thing I would like to know have you installed any of the antivirus program/software in your system as what I think is that the shortcut files which you are getting in the pen drive maybe the virus which is re-appearing again and again after trying several times to delete it.

So I think you should try scanning your pen drive as it seems your pen drive is infected with the virus.

Re: List of shortcuts file in my pen drive reappears again after deleting several times

My PC consist of the Norton antivirus which runs on trial version and have scanned many times with my antivirus but what I have seen is that after scanning the pen drive my antivirus shows no virus. So how can it be possible that there would be virus in the pen drive.

As you are mentioning about you have got the Norton antivirus trial version for your PC. So what I think is that you might not be having the latest update for your antivirus trial version or also be possible that your antivirus trial version might have been expired. So according to me what you should do is that buy the license copy of the antivirus and then try scanning the pen drive. I’m sure it will remove those shortcuts file after scanning forever.

Because earlier I had got the same issue and was really unknown with this type of files but after seeing the same file again and again after deleting then one of my friend suggested me with scanning your flash drive with the updated antivirus and so I did the same and after which I never got those shortcut file in the pen drive.

If you don’t have the important data in your pen drive then you should try formatting the pen drive. The problem is that if you format the drive it will remove those shortcut files but when reinserted the pen drive it will again those shortcuts file in to it. so for this one thing to remove completely you have to scan your PC because it seems that your PC is having the virus and should be removed before it starts infecting different files in your PC.