Thread: Hotmail now supports push email in iOS 5

Hotmail now supports push email in iOS 5

I was using the Mac mail account with the Gmail and my office Microsoft Exchange Server . those were great until I got to know this about the Hotmail which now will support the PUSH on iDevice . this I got to know when I saw an article on the web page but I am not sure that this is right . now with my device only mac mail and Microsoft Exchange Server support the push but Gmail don’t , however mow with Hotmail a new option is opened up . but I did not see if anyone using it, can anyone her confirm this news I would be really appreciate this thanks in advance

Re: Hotmail now supports push email in iOS 5

Yeah this is absolutely true now with the Exchange ActiveSync Hotmail means we can get free push email on mobile devices like iPhone, Android , Windows Phone 7, Palm, BlackBerry, etc . The push email coming directly to the mobile device the instant they are sent, you do not need to manually update or wait for the application to pull the emails after update time if POP and IMAP .Currently most mobile devices support ActiveSync for connecting to an Exchange server. These devices have the iPhone 4 you can have two accounts ActiveSync.

IOS 5 provides native support for Hotmail. This means that users can now easily configure your account in the same way as Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and AOL, without complex configurations. And this is not far away that Hotmail for IOS will come loaded with support for Push notifications, calendar, contacts, and of course email.

Thanks guys for this valuable information I really appreciate this but can anyone here tell me the setting for the setup the hotmail push service on the iphone I would really like to know this . thanks guys

Now you can get push notifications on iPhone if you use a Hotmail account. It is very easy to configure. You just need to Remove your old Hotmail account on the iPhone. Add a new Microsoft Exchange account. In the space of "mail" and "user" you write your email address and your password in "password". Clicking next will ask the "server" and must write m.hotmail.com. Click next and select the options you want to sync.

All this is based on Exchange ActiveSync technology from Microsoft and practically makes Hotmail Exchange server to the end user. From now you can access your mail view and edit your calendar and create and delete contacts from your compatible device ActivSync and iPhone is one of it

Here are the configuration data:
    1. Server / URL : m.hotmail.com
    2. User : Enter your complete mailing address, for example: someone@example.com
    3. Domain : Leave blank
    4. SSL : Enable
    5. Certificate Accept: Certificate SSL
    6. Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks : Everything can be enabled

I Never had any problems with the encoding through Exchange. In general, no problems. Push works like a charm. But it is really great to see this and I also heard that now yahoo mail will also having push email .

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    I Never had any problems with the encoding through Exchange. In general, no problems. Push works like a charm. But it is really great to see this and I also heard that now yahoo mail will also having push email .
    Apparently refers to the native client to HotMail. The fact that you can fully HotMail operate through Exchange. By the way, I'm through with GMail Exchange API working . does A Gmail still does not support push Gmail iPhone?

I know the setting and this is How to set
    • You remove your iPhone Hotmail account that you have created.
    • We go into Settings / Mail / Add Account / Microsoft Exchange.
    • In "user" and "e" you have to write your email address.
    • Domain" leave it blank.
    • In the "Password" put our password.
    • Click Next and are prompted for the server name: m.hotmail.com
    • Click Next and the option you want to synchronize.
    • Finally go into Settings / mail / Get data and activate the switch push.

Once I get everything set up a sign saying incorrect password the password of the account exchange "Exchange". I do not understand if my password is supposed to hotmail. What mistake I am making? Help please.