Thread: Does Sony BDP-S780 blu-ray player comes region locked?

Does Sony BDP-S780 blu-ray player comes region locked?

HI, i am planning to have the mentioned player for myself but still i have heard that the player comes up with the region locked, is it true? And if so then is there any way to get it unlocked? Need suggestion, any will be appreciated.

Re: Does Sony BDP-S780 blu-ray player comes region locked?

As far as i know i would say yes if its UK then it will be Region B and Region 2 for DVD. And to be sincere most Blu-rays now are region free so its not as much of a frustration as it was earlier!! In fact though you get the locked player but still there are various alternatives through which you can get it unlocked somehow.

I am completely agree with the above user because i have experienced this thing as when i got the BDP-S780 player from USA and found that I am not able to run Blue-ray movies on it because of different region code as 1 in USA and 2 in U.K. as mentioned above which is really frustrating.

I know from DVD panorama you can make it region free but not sure about Blue-Ray, Can somebody please advise how can make this Blure palyer work with U.K region 2. As well?

HI, i am planning to have the mentioned player for myself but still i have heard that the player comes up with the region locked, is it true? And if so then is there any way to get it unlocked? Need suggestion, any will be appreciated.
    I don’t know whether they comes locked or not but you can have very good option for the same like if suppose you are getting the player locked then you should get it to the nearest tech support and from where you can get it unlocked. I don’t know whether you need to [ay them for this or not but still this should be possible as far as i know…but as far as précised information is concerned it is always good to contact the service center and ask them about the same.