Thread: Effects of Ultrabook

Effects of Ultrabook

Hello, I am here to have a small discussion regarding the Ultrabook inspired by Intel launched in 2011. Now I just need to have your suggestion regarding the boon or the drawbacks of this new evolution. Will this have any impact on the currently well know laptops or tablets? As we all know that it has already made its place in the market with a boom. But I need to know what your opinion regarding this device.

Re: Effects of Ultrabook

Currently no doubt we all know that net book have created a lot of demand in the market. But we all also know that the speed it took off when came into the market at the same rate most of the people came to know that it’s just not worth to be the best. Now a days people wanted a laptop but they can’t carry a huge weighted device along with them. So definitely they are always in search of such a device which can have all the feature and power of a laptop that should be light weighted. In this case definitely its ultrabook which comes into the picture. I think ultrabook can rule the consumer market if the rates are controlled.

Ultrabook is a lightweight laptop. It fulfills the entire requirement which lacks in a normal traditional laptop. Ultrabook has already raised their position in the market at number one place and definitely they will be holding that place for the next 2 or 3 years but not more than that. Reason is simple, currently tablets and pads must not be that powerful than what ultrabook is. But the consumers requirement is always endless they still love to have more smaller, slimmer and good looking devices and gadgets. Maybe in next coming years tablets will overtake the ultrabook and becomes the consumers’ number one choice.

Everything starts up with a good and grand opening like netbook started up with 7” which was very much impressive and was booming around the world but later to get more power and attraction it got up to the standard size of 9” to 10”. Who know by the end of next year there will be no difference between the laptop and net book? Same applied to the ultrabook. In fact I must say ultrabook is just like a laptop if not compared regarding thinness.

If asked me, I would go for a laptop instead of paying such a huge amount just to make a difference in portability. I have a vostro Dell laptop which is according to me very much light in weight and thin with a far better processing power. Whereas portability is concerned it’s never been an issue for me. Then why to go for an ultrabook if I can get a laptop in ultrabook’s ¾ rates.

This is an interesting discussion. I happen to have one of these upscale devices, the Asus Zenbook UX31E-DH72 to be exact. It's one heck of a machine, but the point made about how these ultrabooks will change our use of laptops as we know it today is really a no-brainer. I'm old enough to remember when a dinosaur VCR cost a thousand dollars and weighed fifty pounds. Technology will invariably push us to smaller and more compact designs, at least in those features that aren't absolutely necessary (such as an adequately-sized screen). Therefore I think ultrabooks are the wave of the future.

Having said that, there is another feature that people seem unwilling to give up, at least for now. And that is the depth of the keys on an ultrabook. There is so much talk about how people hate the keyboards of so many different types of ultrabooks. Well, will someone please tell how can you have both? A very thin (less .2 in down near the trackpad) chassis, but people still want keys that depress half an inch. We will either get used to this feature, or we won't have a true ultrabook. Read this review to further see what I mean.
    Last edited by akonobi; 31-12-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Ultra books are best for the people of high profile and who gives more preference to potability. Many people liked it but just because of its higher price they drop the plan of buying it as I did. Hope to see some least expensive ultra book by next year for the people who wanted to own it.