Thread: How to use the S-Button in all Sony VPC-Z's

How to use the S-Button in all Sony VPC-Z's

Hi friends recently I am trying to figuring out the much more uses of the S-Button for the Sony VPC-Z's series. However I know some of the uses of these S-Button, I knew how to start the Media Gallery and also for other purpose, but as I am very excited to know more about the technology and the features. So I just want to know what more can I make use of this S-Button and how it can be possible, so if you guys have any information or the ideas or any suggestion then please let me know. I am waiting for valuable suggestion.

Re: How to use the S-Button in all Sony VPC-Z's

According to my information in the VAIO Control Center, the behavior and the properties of the S-button can be changed. However there are the chances for customizing the S-Button only and the remaining two (VAIO Button and the ASSIST button) are unchangeable, because they are assign for the special purpose for starting the Media Gallery and starting of the VAIO Care respectively. So this buttons have their own features but if you wish to make more functionality then you have to install or create some of the loader application so that it can be used for the additional purpose, so if you are able to make such loader application then it is the additional advantage to make the use of these buttons in the Sony VPC-Z's.

There are the possibilities to create more flexibility and to make the dynamic remapping of a button, so for that there are the needs for the creation of some of the application or the loader application that can be easily called by VESMgr, and which can easily fetches a variable executable path from the registry. And automatically call assigned executable and then closes it. So this is the best way to reassign the available buttons with the help of the registry value. And if possible then there are the needs for other application that have the functionality for that application to takes the file path of the selected file and then saves it into the correspondent registry value. So that the application get the require file from the default location and then make it use for the other purpose.

As I don’t know much more about the customization button, but as I think that making the changes and the configuring the file for the VAIObutton and Assistbutton so that they store in the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sony Corporation\Shared Info\UXInfo‘this is one of the url where the file paths are stored.

Accoring to my information if you have chose this location ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sony Corporation\Shared Info\UXInfo’ for storing the information about the Sony counts for the Mute, Volume, Brightness, S-Button presses and stores it these location. So finally the simple thing is to choose the url of the excitable application that you want to assign on that created new buttons.

You can manually get the Download package to make the use of the latest features. So for that you have to follow these steps.
    So for that you have to make the download of the package;
    Now after that you have to copy the CustomLauncher.exe which is to be copied in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Recovery\VAIORecv.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Media Gallery\VRLP.exe
    Or in the path of the Button executable files, where you have the Button executable files stored. So when the button is pressed, you just have to replace the file executed when button is pressed.