Thread: getting FATAL ERROR installing clockwork recovery on lg revolution

getting FATAL ERROR installing clockwork recovery on lg revolution

as i wanted the recovery option to be available on my phone, i made an attempt for installing the clockwork recovery but at the time of making a install getting a fatal error, There is no match found between MD5sum of the installed recovery and the stored MD5sum . I made use of the new one click root for ginger bread which included the Revo toolkit and i made an attempt to have a install of the clockwork recovery by making use of the 4.0.0.2-pr1, after it failed with the above message i tried the revostock alternative and received similar message again. i don't know further about thsi problem. could you suggest some methods to resolve it.

re: getting FATAL ERROR installing clockwork recovery on lg revolution

the first possible solution i should give is that you should make attempt for the 4.0.0.2-pr1 again and for repeated ways until it goes through. DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE UNTIL IT SUCCEEDS, IT WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING STUCK IN FASTBOOT!!!!!.

i was of the similar problem. and in this case, i should say that you should make attempt for deleting mlk file and then there is a possibility that you could come across some hint or clue by doing this.

i also wanted the backup of my phone ad therefore made an installation of rom manager . it rebooted to run the back up and when proceeding towards the fast boot, it got stuck in , i made a search and came to notice that the page appeared to be present on fixing that. i made use of the second posters method rather than the cubed and at present all i get is an lg start screen.

i want to say further that the file you deleted was the mmcbik0p8 backup which was found on your ext card. i suppose that at the time of reinstalling the recovery CWM you should rewrite it with the accurate version.

the next possible thing you should try is by removing your card and mounting it on a pc go in and manually delete file and make an attempt for booting the phone. the only way which was left to make my revolution boot is by the above process.

ultimately i found some solution which will work in thsi case. you have to install the Java JDK, along with the Android SDK, and three more files AdbWinApi.dll, fastboot.exe, in addition with CWMrecoveryrevolution.img and thsi will prove to be the clockwork recovery for our device.

i can provide some steps which will enhance your idea for coming closer to the solution.

1.have a installation of the Android SDK to your C: drive. ensure the SDK and all the files are in C:\androidSDK. there will be no things difficult after this.

2. in the SDK , install the AndroidSDK platform tools package whch are additional

3. later , have a install of the Java JDK

4. afterwards , have a unzip of the .rar to c:/androidSDK/tools

5. type "cmd" and then press enter in the command prompt, start menu.

6. Plug the phone in afterwards.

6. type the following in the command prompt

Code:
    cd c:/androidSDK/tools
    7. after entering in the correct folder, try pasting this command:

Code:
    fastboot erase recovery
    then:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery CWMrecoveryrevolution.img
    after having completion of the command type the final command:

Code:
    fastboot reboot
    this will work in any case.

in thsi case you should check the the phone version of the flash file, and check whether the phone has the wrong firmware on it which makes it unable to boot. after this process i can say that it will be recognized by your PC,.

there is a possible solution for power button to work in the condition if you have the battery out and the usb hooked up, and then the screen will not allow to detach download in progress. i think the problem could be sustaining because of the flashing of the .tot system file over, but I suppose it does take some time to get the program set up, and seems they are having a replacement over that.

Re: getting FATAL ERROR installing clockwork recovery on lg revolution

i solved the problem after trying the volume up + power to get to the recovery. make a try you will come across some possible solution. but you will find some problems while doing this.