Thread: cannot make wifi calling in room in samsung galaxy nexus

cannot make wifi calling in room in samsung galaxy nexus

I have recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is an ANDROID Smartphone. It has Super AMOLED Capacitive touch screen display. I am very happy with my device as it has so much new features and I am enjoying discovering new features of this mobile. But recently I have found some issue in this device that my mobile phone is unable to complete a call when I am in the same room where router is located. If I move from that room or go to any other room it will work fine but when I am situated in the same room I am unable to do WiFi calling and that really annoys me. Can anyone help me regarding this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

re: cannot make wifi calling in room in samsung galaxy nexus

What are the features of your router??? And does it work with another device in the same way???

I have N750 Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4000) with b , g , n which supports the 450 Mbps standard on the 5 GHz band. It has advanced features like guest networking, network storage capacity and live parental controls. The router is bridged to Fios router. It has no problem regarding connectivity with other wireless items such as blackberry and laptops. And networks, 2.4 and 5g have proper security. Both are connected with WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy).

It is inappropriate that your device is unable to do WiFi calling in the room in which router is located. Your connection seems to be perfect. Have you tried to switch the channels on the router?? Because everything seems to be perfect with your router settings and connection there must be issue of changing channels. Give me your feedback when you got it right.

I can make calls by using Groove IP which makes free calls and Google voice. My call connects imperatively but I don’t want the google voice number should be appear on my screen instead I want the real cell phone number to recognize the caller’s no. And yes dude I have switches my channel from auto to static channel.

it is a very interesting and strange case of yours. Have you anyone day tried to switch off your WiFi altogether on your device???? This is a weird question but It sometime helps us to start any feature or the device.

Beside of wifi I get no reception or recognition of anything in my house. so wifi is one and only option left for me

I think the main problem lies under this only that you are not getting cell reception. Your device is not capable of completing regular calls over a strict WiFi network. It has to do something about your cell network.
    The same issue is with messaging, as Google voice and other VOIP applications work over the internet and that I why they are still working properly.
    Have u tried to keep your router in any other room to check the connectivity?? Sometimes it may be an interference which be interrupting the connectivity and making the bad signal turn into catastrophe signal.
    Who do you have as your carrier at your place?? You should buy a network extender from VZW to complete your connection flawless.

I think u should call the Samsung Customer service number to gain proper information about your WI-Fi settings and issue regarding WI-Fi calling .they will provide u the exact settings and will refrain u from any issue u have. here are some customer care no. u should call. Samsung Customer service no - 3030 8282, 1800 110011, 1800 3000 8282, 18002668282.

I think u should go to Samsung official store to fix your problem. In that gallery or store there are trained and skilled experts who will repair your problem practically and will give you the solution behind Wifi calling in a very appropriate manner. and u will not have that stress or tension to solve the problem on your own. and if u have taken your mobile from Samsung store they will charge you free as you will have the warranty card. you should also call to the router’s helpline no to get information from their side also.

Re: cannot make wifi calling in room in samsung galaxy nexus

Thanks a lot friends for so many suggestions. I am using Verizon as the provider. I have shifted my router’s place to another room but it hasn’t made any difference at all. I will give both my galaxy nexus for checking and my router also. Hope it will help me. Thanks again guys. Really appreciated.

Re: cannot make wifi calling in room in samsung galaxy nexus

Snoop Dog,

I am having the exact same problems. Your description is perfect. Please let me know what you find out and I will do the same.