Thread: Battery discharges completely at 35% in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Battery discharges completely at 35% in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone. All the features in this phone are awesome. But the only factor which is the most that annoys me about this phone is its battery. I use the 3G and 4G a lot to access the Internet or download apps. Yesterday when I was using my phone then, suddenly the battery got completely discharge and the phone died showing that the battery is 0%. Later on, when I plugged the phone into my car’s charger then the battery charge showing was 35%. How is that the battery got soon charged at 35% within 1 minute? Does anyone here knows why has this happened that my battery got discharge completely at 35%. Is there anyone here with the same problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

re: Battery discharges completely at 35% in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I think because of the lot of usage of the 3G and the 4G connection to access the Internet the battery should have discharged completely. I am also having the same phone and previously I was too using the Internet to access the Facebook. This was the main reason which was using the battery life too much. Sometimes, my phone was discharged completely even at 38%. I think the Android Team will come up with the better apps which will save our battery life.

I am also using the Internet usage a lot on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. But, I have never faced this problem of the completely discharging the battery. No problem from my side...I think, the phone uses its battery for the apps that you download from the Internet.

I have also encountered that the app called the AIM in my Samsung Galaxy Nexus was the main reason to completely discharging the battery even when it was 30% left. So, later on I have un-installed this app from my phone and now the phone is working properly.

Thank You so much for your comment. I was having the same AIM app in my Smartphone. I have un-installed it and everything seems to be fine now. Now, Even I have used the net too for a long time then the battery is showing to 45%. Great …..

Thanks for your help guys …..

I am using the IMO instant messenger on my phone and this works well rather than the AIM app which I was having previously installed on my phone. This app uses the battery to a great extent and sometimes causes the battery to be get completely discharged….
    Try not to install more app which are using the battery of the phone too much. This will not allow to get your battery to drain completely when its not in use too much…

This is really very disappointing guys that my phone’s battery got completely discharged around the 30%. The phone was not in too much use as I was in the meeting for 4 hours. Even I don’t have the AIM app installed in my phone. I remember that day only the "whatsapp" was in use on my phone. But then why the battery was completely discharged?
    Any suggestions…

I have see that in many forums there is a common discussion on this topic. I would like to tell you that just try to check whether which app is using your battery too much.
    You can check this by installing the BetterBatteryStats from the Android Market. I have also installed this app on my phone. This app will tell you that which app uses the battery even when you are not using the phone too much.
    I hope this hepls you……

The BetterBatteryStats app which you are talking about is of no use. I have un-installed it from my phone because it was not giving the correct information about which app is using the battery life too much.
    Rather, I installed another application called the Juice Defender Plus from the Android Market. After installing this app I got the information that the 3G connection was using my battery even when the phone was idle and not in working too much…

This app is really amazing and you can download this app if you want…

Re: Battery discharges completely at 35% in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Thank You so much, reading to your comments I download ed the “Juice Defender Plus” app from the Android market…
    This app helped me in giving the correct information about which was the app that led the battery to drain off completely. I have un-installed that app and now the battery is working properly at about 45% even after the usage.
    Thank you guys for your suggestions….