Thread: In Iphone 4S iOS 5 volume increases automatically

In Iphone 4S iOS 5 volume increases automatically

I am using the iphone 4S (W/factory iOS 5) from one month whether I am in application or on home screen, the volume will all of a sudden increases to its full level. It happens several times. When I try to turn down the volume icon it goes up to maximum level automatically is this operating system issue or my phone is defective? Anyone have same problem? Please help to solve this problem.

Re: In Iphone 4S iOS 5 volume increases automatically

Yes, I am have same problem with my iphone 4S. Today the volume setting of my 4S was turned down to low level but when I unlocked my mobile phone it turn up automatically full blast. This problem is with the new 4S but not happening with 4. Anyone else having this problem?

Exactly same problem here,
    When I unlock the mobile phone all of sudden the volume will start increasing without clicking the volume icon. The volume goes down when I hold down button but when the down button is released then volume increases automatically. I tried so many times but unable to decrease volume.
    I have also decrease ringer tone volume from setting but that is also not of use.

Hello friends
    It looks like the operating system iOS 5 issues. Restore the operating system and then try. After restoring firmware same problem remains in your mobile phone then contact to the customer service.
    |
    |
    TamaraAce

I have similar problem with my s4 mobile phone. When I use Siri to create new text message, if I edit text message manually for few clicks the volume of the keyboard click is very high. I can hear the re-adjusting volume to low level while typing. Anyone else have same problem of increasing volume of some clicks during typing the message?

Hi friends,
    I am experiencing same problem with my s4 phone. Volume of the mobile increases automatically even if the volume is already to its maximum level. My mobile still try to increase the volume automatically, thus the volume indicator is always on the screen so I am unable to use other applications, reading messages etc. For me this is not a minor issue, it's not acceptable please help me to solve this problem.

I am using iphone s4 with iOS4 that’s never had this increasing volume issue. I upgraded my operating system. I install iOS5 in my iphone s4 before some days, now I am experiencing this increasing volume problem. Before when I was using iOS4 there is no issue of volume increase this problem start just after iOS5 means this is a IOS5 operating system issue not a hardware issue.

Hi All.

I have been having this EXACT same problem with my iPhone. It will randomly turn up the volume when in use! They only way to get it to stop (temporarily) is to hit the volume-up button a couple of times, then turn the volume back down. It doesn't work reliably, but seems to help.

I took my phone to the Apple Store thinking maybe the button was getting stuck inside the phone, but they checked and said there is nothing mechanically wrong with the phone. They said it is something wrong or corrupted with the software.

They told me to restore the software and NOT to restore any backups which would perpetuate the bug. ):

Dismayed, I still haven't had the heart to start from scratch on my iPhone because I have YEARS worth of app data and other things that I would lose.

Have any of you found a solution to this problem? Or did you just bite the bullet and restore and lose your data. Did it work?

Please help!