Thread: Nokia C3-00 WLAN not getting connected as expected

Nokia C3-00 WLAN not getting connected as expected

Imagine buying a brand new cell phone keeping WLAN as your most basic requirement and realizing that the phone is not at all capable of doing so. I mean, if it gives you trouble at the most basic level of operation that it doesn’t get connected only! Can things get worse? Is there a slightest of chance that you won’t lose your cool on the company which provided you the useless hardware? So, me getting annoying is totally justified. Can anyone deny this? Right from day 1 my Nokia C3-00’s WLAN is not getting connected at all. That was the biggest reason why I opted for Nokia C3-00. Nokia, add one more name to the list of your unsatisfied customers.

Anyways, can anyone please be kind enough and help me out of it?

Re: Nokia C3-00 WLAN not getting connected as expected

Welcome to the-Nokia-unsatisfied-customer’s club buddy! You are just another unsatisfied customer of Nokia. They do play with customer’s patience very often. Anyways, this definitely is an extremely annoying scenario. I and my co-posters would be more than happy to help you get out of this but you need to please tell me about your current device settings with respect to its configuration on WLAN. I sincerely feel there’s some issue pertaining to that and I guess if you could just enlist them I can help you in a much better way. This request is for the simplest of reasons that we might actually ask you to perform complex troubleshooting tasks just to realize later that the problem was simply in your configuration settings. So, let’s just avoid that and start with the most basic details possible. Please enlist them.

That’s true! I appreciate such a sincere effort of helping me. I would definitely like to list down the configuration settings of my device. I hope, the issue is small and gets sorted out with a very basic change itself.

My current settings for C3-00 is as stated below:

I found the editable place of my configuration settings by following the path (Setting> Configuration.) just confirming, in case I’m wrong. The default configuration is set to: Personal Config. The preferred access point is set to be ‘My Access Point’ the personal settings includes setting up ‘My Access Point’ and ‘My Web’ using Options> Add new. When we go to Connectivity > WLAN, it is set to ‘Ask First’. And the Connectivity> Packet Data thing is set to ‘When needed’.

Is there anything I’ve missed out? Tell me, I’ll post back ASAP.

No! Nothing as of now! This should be enough, I guess. You’ve explained things commendably well. I want you to make some small and basic changes in the settings. I cannot assure you a complete solution with this for the problem you are facing but I just don’t wish to leave even a slight trial you see. And so, do the following changes and let me know what it results into:

Follow the same old path that you did to find the settings out i.e. Settings> Configuration and make it ‘Activate default in all applications’. Now, when you go to Internet and then click on Web Settings and go to Configuration Settings, it should show Configuration as Default and Account as My web. I guess this should make some changes in your system.

Now, I can sort of relax I guess. It did work not entirely as expected but it did to a relaxable extent! It’s not just about it working okayish but it is about the confidence that I have got an excellent mentor and I can totally rely on what he is saying. Anyways, as I mentioned before, it did not solve my issue entirely because of the below given i-wont-get-fine symptoms that it is showing. I am sure, your help will undoubtedly sort it out and make things better for me. The changes I have noticed is:
    When I try to connect to internet or try opening an app with seeks the support of internet like opera, it prompts me with a question as to which access point would I like to use I generally chose my home network. This allows me to surf internet for about a minute after which it attacks me with another message which sounds like: ‘check your internet connection’. But the WLAN connections indicates that it is still connected. However, if I try reconnecting it works perfect for another 1 minute.

Oh! Stop flattering me. I am just doing what I like doing: sharing what I know! Anyways what you have achieved is not a very commendable thing to do! I expected some better results out of it. Anyways, since you are too happy and excited about the progress I definitely do not wish to kill it or demotivate you. Going ahead with solving your issue I would like you to try some more things:

Firstly and most basically, I want you to check for latest updates that are available in market. Go to Nokia’s website and check out for the most suitable one for your device.

Secondly, I would also want you to take your device to some other WiFi zone and try connecting it there and see how it works

Thirdly, as a continuation to the second test please use some other device and try connecting it with your home connection. This is definite enough to sort things out for you.

Unfortunate enough! None of them worked as expected. I’ll tell you the results of the changes you asked me to make:
    check for latest updates that are available in market
    I did! Nothing new is available and my device is perfectly updated in that regard. However, I still tried uninstalling the update and reupdating. It did not help either.
    t
    ake your device to some other WiFi zone and try connecting it there and see how it works
    I tried. It did not work in my cousin’s home too. So, the issue is certainly with the device
    use some other device and try connecting it with your home connection
    I was certain about the issue being related to my device. But just for the sake of second opinion, I tried connecting another device in my home connection and it worked perfect.
    Anything else to do? I contacted Nokia and they’ve assured a device exchange. Shall I go ahead??