Thread: Microphone has stopped working in Dell XPS 15z

Microphone has stopped working in Dell XPS 15z

From last some days my Dell XPS 15z laptop has started giving me problem. In my laptop I have reinstalled windows 7 operating system and after reinstalling the widows 7 operating system in my laptop all the things worked fine except microphone. When I open sound recorder at that time microphone does not work. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Microphone has stopped working in Dell XPS 15z

You have to first check in your Dell XPS 15z laptop that your laptop microphone device is selected as default device or not. if it is not selected then you have to select it and after selecting that in your Dell XPS 15z laptop your microphone will start working properly. Try this trick and then let me know. What the result is.

If you wan to select the laptop microphone device as your laptop default device then you have to first open the control panel in your laptop. After that you have to select the sound option. After that you have to select the recording tab. After selecting the recording tab you have to makes sure that realtak device is selected there. If it is not set as a default device then you have to set it and then click on ok. After doing that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not. as far as I know after trying above steps our microphone will start working properly.

If after trying above steps also you get the same problem then something else is causing this issue.

I will suggest you to download the Audio Recording Troubleshooter and then you have to run it in your laptop and after that it will solve all the problem automatically. if you ant to download the Audio Recording Troubleshooter then you can download it by clicking here DOWNLOAD. I think after running this problem will get solved.

in my laptop I have tried to solve this problem by opening the sound setting and then selecting the my default microphone and after that also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have downloaded the Run the Audio Recording Troubleshooter and then run it in my laptop. After that I have restart the laptop but that does not make any difference. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

It looks like you should first uninstall the drivers from the sound manger and after that restart the laptop and then you have to download the drivers again in your laptop. After that you have to install the audio drivers again in your Dell XPS 15z again and after installing the drivers you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not. if that does not help then try installing latest drivers from Dell site and after installing that in your laptop you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the audio drivers in my Dell laptop and after that also I was having same problem. Now after that I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Dell official site and then I have installed in my laptop and after installing that problem will get solved. Thank you for helping me.