Thread: HTC sensation XE receiving weak signal.

HTC sensation XE receiving weak signal.

i have a htc sensation XE phone, which I bought in the last month, it is working properly but from last few days ,it receiving very low signal and sometimes I am getting no service at all, when I insert sim card to another phone which is galaxy note it shows good signal with full bar, I think it is not a network provider fault ,I don’t know how to figure out this problem, if anyone knows than reply me.

Re: HTC sensation XE receiving weak signal.

I bought htc sensation XE about a month ago and I am having issues with the signal strength fluctuating widely, my phone has no signal I the house and previously when I am using Samsung galaxy s, it always had a good signal in the house , so it is clear that the problem is related with the headset. I am wondering that whether my phone is faulty and needs replacing or if there is a configuration change or software upgrade needed to fix this.

I raised a support call with HTC and managed to get this signal problem sorted in the end by changing the network mode to GSM only . you can also do this by following the steps given below
    First go to settings, than go to wireless and networks than select mobile networks than go to network mode and than select GSM only. Hope it will worked for you also.

I have tried factory reset on my htc sensation XE to get out of network problem, but it doesn’t worked for me, what else I can do for this problem,suggest me.

this is the problem related with the hardware issue, so in this case factory reset is not the solution for you ,instead you try to get help from HTC support , they will provide you a meaningful solution or otherwise they will replace your handset .

angry Re: HTC sensation XE receiving weak signal.

Even i had the same problem and contacted HTC. They ask me to change the SIM card cause i was using a 10 year old card but that card was working fine for all these days in all the HTC models. After changing also its the same problem on New Simcard.
    Now this is a serious problem Wifi is weak and gsm goes to no service.
    Its not a cheap phone to just ignore this issue.
    We should ask HTC to do something or call back all phones to fix this problem.
    Most of the time my important calls are lost when its inside my my pocket.

Thomas
    United Arab Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by tompjack View Post
    Even i had the same problem and contacted HTC. They ask me to change the SIM card cause i was using a 10 year old card but that card was working fine for all these days in all the HTC models. After changing also its the same problem on New Simcard.
    Now this is a serious problem Wifi is weak and gsm goes to no service.
    Its not a cheap phone to just ignore this issue.
    We should ask HTC to do something or call back all phones to fix this problem.
    Most of the time my important calls are lost when its inside my my pocket.
    From what I have heard so far, the XE is only Tri Band - and it doesn't have the 900Mhz band. I've learned that the XE has a much desired, but newly used, 850Mhz band, just like airtel here in India. So, if your provider will transmit on 850, that is the coverage that may work best. Hope that helps you out.

Yea you could be right I shall work on it.

hi,i purchased a sensation xl in israel. also had signal probs. heres the solution that absolutely worked for me.the back panel acts as antenna.there are 2 contact prongs (very small) on the top end of the phone, just above the sim location.Pull them/bend them back carefully, so they can make contact with the case (when you put it back).let me know and good luck!I think its a factory fault,but may just poss have been caused when misfitting the case.