Thread: Errors while transferring pictures from my galaxy nexus to computer.

Errors while transferring pictures from my galaxy nexus to computer.

I have a galaxy nexus phone. I tried transferring data to my computer which has windows OS installed in it. I can easily transfer the data from my pc to mobile phone and also there is no problem while transferring the data from my phone to pc but when it comes to transferring the pictures, Picasa hangs up and asks me to reconnect the phone. I tried it doing in my laptop and also in other pc but the results are the same. Is it because of the phone?

Re: Errors while transferring pictures from my galaxy nexus to computer.

If you are using an USB connector to transfer the picture then I would suggest you something. Use MTP(Media Transport Protocol) instead of USB storage. Generally google uses MTP. MTP is supported by android 3.0 and above. MTP is helpful for those devices which has a huge amount of interal storage memory. As far as I know galaxy nexus has 16/32 GB storage memory. Therefore there is no need of any hard partition for the internal memory and USB mass storage.

I am not getting why your Picasa freezes up. As in my case even I am using the same phone, but I am not facing any problem while transferring pictures from nexus to my computer as I too use picasa to manage all the pictures.

I would suggest you to use Airdroid. You don’t have to do anything for this, just be in the same wi-fi network. And it helps you to transfer anything including the pictures from your phone to computer. You can get it from the android market for free.

Instead of breaking your head in connecting your phone to the computer and then facing such terrible errors I would suggest you to mail those images and pictures to your account. If suppose your phone has 3G or 4G access enabled, you need to do is just attach the images which you need to transfer and then mail them to your google or yahoo account. After doing it, open your account from your pc and then download those images to the pc. Fastest, simple and best way to transfer images.

One more alternate way of transferring pictures to your computer using the same above condition i.e. using 3G or 4G enable. Share your picture using file sharing websites eg. Facebook or any social networking site and then download it from your pc through internet.

Use Android file manager application. This will definitely clear your problem of transferring the images from your nexus phone to pc. This application is free in android market and you can easily get it and access it in your phone.

I am facing the same problem but its reverse. In my case I can transfer the images from my mobile phone to computer but when it comes to transferring the images back to my phone, it either shows some error or says that phone memory full. But there is no such error I find in my phone. Any solution for this problem?

After connecting your phone to the computer you need to follow these steps:
    1. Copy the saved photos to the computer in a new folder.
    2. Delete the folder containing the photos which you copied from your phone to you pc.
    3. Then unplug and re-plug your handset.
    4. Then create a new folder in you phone’s internal memory.
    5. Then simply copy the entire picture to your newly created folder in you internal memory.
    Here the new folder is just replacing the old folder which you deleted previously. This will definitely clear you problem.