Thread: Twitter Push Notifications not working in iphone 4

Twitter Push Notifications not working in iphone 4

I am having an iphone 4 that is officially activated and so I am having all the valid push certs. The problem that I am having is that Twitter Push Notifications not working I don’t have any problem with the Facebook push notifications but then I don’t know what’s wrong with the user. Is there anyone who can help me out to fix the issue??

Re: Twitter Push Notifications not working in iphone 4

I am having the same problem with the Twitter Push Notifications on the ipad as well as iphone, I have tried to turn on them in all the possible setting that I have came across and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times but then it did not helped. I have been searching out for a solution in a no of forum but then I have not yet got any success till now. If there anyone finds out a solution for the same then please let me know as well.

I don’t know how come you are not getting Twitter Push Notifications on the ipad because I am using the same and I am not facing the same problem, I am not very sure but then I think that it might be because of the carrier blocking such ports, I have found a no of people facing the same problem with the GiffGaff.Just let me know if you are having the same case.

I don’t know how come you are not getting Twitter Push Notifications on the ipad because I am using the same and I am not facing the same problem, I am not very sure but then I think that it might be because of the carrier blocking such ports, I have found a no of people facing the same problem with the GiffGaff.Just let me know if you are having the same case.

I don’t think that this problem is because of carrier because I am able to get the Twitter notifications on my 4S but then I have recently upgraded to ios 5 so I don’t know if it makes any difference. The normal “Twitter app Me > Settings > Notifications > Messages (on)” is basically device specific and you also need to turn on in the notifications properties in iOS, other than this it also needs to be addressed to the twitter app as well about what you want to be notified. If you have not done all this then just try it out and then see if the problem is solved or not.

I have tried out something and I have got it worked now, if you want then you all can try out the same, just go in to the what apps and then access the twitter website and then just revoke the things that you don’t use from there, after that just delete the app and then reinstall it and after that the Twitter Push Notifications working on my iphone without any problem.

I have tried out something and I have got it worked now, if you want then you all can try out the same, just go in to the what apps and then access the twitter website and then just revoke the things that you don’t use from there, after that just delete the app and then reinstall it and after that the Twitter Push Notifications working on my iphone without any problem.
    I think that you might be luck with the same because I have tried out the same but then it is just not working for me in the same way that you have specified. Is there any other solution that I can try out further??

question Re: Twitter Push Notifications not working in iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Upayan View Post
    I don’t think that this problem is because of carrier because I am able to get the Twitter notifications on my 4S but then I have recently upgraded to ios 5 so I don’t know if it makes any difference. The normal “Twitter app Me > Settings > Notifications > Messages (on)” is basically device specific and you also need to turn on in the notifications properties in iOS, other than this it also needs to be addressed to the twitter app as well about what you want to be notified. If you have not done all this then just try it out and then see if the problem is solved or not.
    I have 3 accounts on my iPad Twitter app: two are functioning normally, the other was working but mid-session dropped Push Notifications. I have deleted the account and added it back in after checking Notification settings on the device Settings app - but still not functioning: it seems like a Twitter admin matter!

24 hours later and all is well: all accounts now functioning normally! What did I do? Nothing after what was mentioned in yesterday's post. Just a glitch I guess? Cheers