Thread: Having loose laptop hinge in sony vaio VPC-Z11

Having loose laptop hinge in sony vaio VPC-Z11

I have been using the sony Vaio VPC-Z11 since last 6 months and I have been experiencing problems with screen hinges. I did the closer inspection and found that right hinge has loosen and come out of lid. I tried contacting sony and still waiting for reply! Anyone here has the knowledge about it? Or how can I solve it?

Re: Having loose laptop hinge in sony vaio VPC-Z11

Take my advice and visit the nearest service center or from where you bought it. Even if they charge you for fixing, it is worth it. If it is in the warranty, you should only go to them. Repairing your laptop from outside will cause you lose your warranty.

yeah, I had the same problem with my hinges. I found it to be faulty screws. I replaced my screws and now its all correct.

My current laptop has the same fault, when I tried to report it to the sony(it was a month after a warrenty ) , they asked for charge that are not affordable. Even if you have it in warranty it is of no use ,because once you send it for fixation, problem keeps on coming and you have to make habit of running to the service center back and forth. I guess this design has some fault in it.

like everyone here I had hinge problem. After one month sony gave me repairing for my laptop, but broke the screen in process. After a month of broken promises to repair, I sent notice of intent to sue; two days later I was called with an offer to replace the laptop. I should have taken it. Instead I had only my screen fixed with faulty one. After a month, I just filed suit AGAIN. Again they gave me offer to have complete repair but only if I could fly all over to Fairbanks, Alaska. I dare you won’t do that!

good news for all of you, sony has recalled all the faulty laptops back having any serious problems with hinges or any wiring problem related to hinges. But you should ask sony before submitting them on their direct number: 888-526-6219 for customer calls.

The recalled laptop models are the Vaio VGN-TZ100 series, the VGN-TZ200 series, the VGN-TZ300 series and the VGN-TZ2000 series.