Thread: Music player sound quality is not proper in my Samsung galaxy nexus

Music player sound quality is not proper in my Samsung galaxy nexus

I bought a Samsung galaxy nexus 6 months ago. Everything worked well, music is the top most used app in my phone. But now I am finding it bit odd to listen songs in my nexus. Sometimes the sound becomes too low even if I play the music in high volume and sometime along with the low volume the quality changes and becomes worst. I am not getting what exactly could be the problem. Is it the hardware or software creating problem?

Re: Music player sound quality is not proper in my Samsung galaxy nexus

It must be some internal problem. Initially when I bought my galaxy nexus I use to doubt the phone for its low quality volume and sound. But later on I came to know that I need to set the equalizer to make the music preferable according to me. I simply doubted the handset for the inconvenience. Actually it depends upon the different users who decide the quality of the sound. Who knows may be your current sound quality would be preferable for me.

No I think it could be the hardware problem, I mean your speaker problem. If your phone has any other music player, try playing the songs on that player and note the sound quality. If you face the same problems then definitely it is your speaker which is defected. If your handset is in warranty, go and get it replaced as they would not charge you for that.

MixZing music player is highly recommended player for android. I have it in my galaxy nexus and it’s the best in clarity and high sound quality. If you doubt the android built in player and want to try out some other player then definitely you must go for this one.

I have the similar problem. When I listen to any song I face the exact problem as mentioned above. But the only difference is that when I connect my headphone everything gets back to its normal state. As if my phone never had any problem with the player. I am confused regarding what could be the problem. Is it the app, speaker, headphone or some other hardware problem? If it’s the speaker then why the problem is solved when I connect a headphone?

In your case it’s definitely the speaker. When you connect you headphone to the jack the sound coming out of you phone is completely transferred to your headphone and the speaker stops playing the music. After the connection it’s the headphone that is playing the song. Now as in your case when you play a song through a speaker, the sound quality becomes poor and then when you connects you headphone the quality gets back to its normal state i.e. high quality. That means your speaker is facing some problem. Show it to the service center.