Thread: How to disable 3G service in Galaxy Note.

How to disable 3G service in Galaxy Note.

- Hey friends I have Samsung Galaxy Note. I am so upset with its bill of high amount. Even I didn’t know that high bill is because of 3G plan is enabled in my phone. I thought I just used Wi-Fi connectivity; normally I used GPS maps while traveling but not more than 45 minutes. At the starting, saleslady was asked me about Phone plan, Wi-Fi or 3G? I said Wi-Fi only. Generally I used my phone for calls, sms, and internet through home router. I want to stop this 3G service from my Galaxy Note. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Re: How to disable 3G service in Galaxy Note.

I would like to tell you the solution to stop 3G service in Galaxy Note. First you have to delete Carriers APN info. Then turn on flight mode, as per your need activate the data enabler widget. Leave flight mode active. Then you have to turn off mobile network Data. Try this solution and give me feedback of your current status. Then you can use GPS maps on Wi-Fi without any bill.

Hey thanks for suggestion, it is really needed for me. I was forgot my flight mode, I just keep on switch off mode. I will definitely try settings given by you. In my phone if carriers APN info is deleted, any changes will create or not?

In Galaxy note use 2G networks. There is option is also available in phone. I think you have to search VPN application installed in your phone or not? If not then you have to install VPN application. Automatically 3G get turn off. If you follow my solution you can solve your 3G problem easily. If any doubts then you can ask me.

As per my suggestion, there is no any reason to remove APN info. It is important parameter which connect GSM network. Simple way to turn off 3G, you have to dial *#*#4636#*#* this code, then 1 testing screen will be open. Then click on Phone information. Tap on Menu button. Then you have to press Disable data connection to turn off data connection.

I will suggest you to you can turn off data network through you click on setting you will get mobile network then you have to select uncheck list the use3 packet data, after that you can enable the Wi-Fi connection mode. If you have any queries please reply me, I will try to solve it.

Thanks for your suggestion but my operating system doesn’t allow my phone to use APN info. I think remove APN info is may be good option. And it is easy to understand. And there is nothing any problem for GPS maps when my Wi-Fi is on.

Hi, I want to suggest you to download data enabler widget application. Data enabler widget is such nice application, you can put this application on your screen, so as per your need whenever you want to connect internet then you can enable or disable this. Also you can attend calls. Best benefit of this application is you can save battery more when data enabler widget is turn off. I think you have to try this application.

Oh! Nice, it will be really helpful application. I will try this application. Thank you for giving me such usable information.

The problem is that even if you do restart the phone and try to skip the SIM-Pin-Code entry, you won't be able to access the phone as long as the SIM is inserted in. LOL

rmtra12 Guest

You said you were charged possibly during Google maps browsing when travelling. You have option in Galaxy note to enable/ Disable Data connection anytime by pressing & holding up right side key. By this option you can set your phone data connection offline/online on a particular time.

Myself doing my Galaxy note data connection disabled when I haven't recharged with 3G data plan. And do use phone as normal phone for the time I haven't 3G data. Hoping it will help you.