Thread: After restoring backup from iCloud iPhone 4S prompting iTunes email address wrong

After restoring backup from iCloud iPhone 4S prompting iTunes email address wrong

I have bought the iPhone 4S new and so I thought to restore all my data of my previous iPhone to my new iPhone and everything worked out perfectly . except that after the restoration of data. when it goes to the apps on iTunes it prompted me the wrong email address which was not mine .I had to change it to mine but whenever I Putin the password its goes away and then again its comes with the another email address this happened many times and at the end mine worked . now my app restored but even now it gives me wrong. email is there anyone here can help me on this I would really like to know this thanks

Re: After restoring backup from iCloud iPhone 4S prompting iTunes email address wrong

Even I had the same problem it kept on prompting the other email addresses with I have no clue whose it was. This is really frustrating and I don’t know what to do this happened in both on my iPhone as well as my iPod can anyone here suggest me with any solution I would glad to have it thanks in advance .

Re: After restoring backup from iCloud iPhone 4S prompting iTunes email address wrong

Yeah I was recently having this problem and don’t know what the cause may be but what I am guessing is that it giving’s the wrong email on the basis of the Apple ID on the song. This came on light when I realize that one email prompted which was of my friend as is imported in every of his music to my iTunes. so I thing songs contain the user id of the person that actually downloaded it on ITunes that mean the iCloud restore process check the Apple ID's and request the passwords to verify approval.

Looks like having the similar problem on my refurbished and replacement phones. I was thing that this happens as the account info is attached to the phone IMEI number and in this case on my replaced iPhone phone but I am not sure beside your theory is looking far more convincing then the mine. Does apple know about this, any news on this by the Apple People?

I am too having the same issue. When I restore my iPhone 4S from the iPhone 4 and this wired thing started to happen gives me around 11 wrong email address. And I have no idea whose emails those. Seems really very odd issue

Same problem and I think this is because of the shared apps with someone as it is base on the apple account but I am not that sure . hope this get solved as soon as possible .

I'm having the same exact problem. Actually this started yesterday for me, while unexpectedly my handset reset itself even as I was using it. I kept back on getting a prompt to activate my phone, however it wouldn’t allow me. I bring it home and restored it from an iCloud back up, although at the moment after restoring I am having precise the same issue you are.

I had a similar issue.. In my case it had been happening to my new iPhone 4S, within the different case, it had been a iPad. While I restored from iCloud, similar issue occur. Thus it is not hardware connected. ordinary issue seems to be iCloud connected. The Apple individuals urge to try and do the later that seems to unravel the matter. When the prompt get , manually erase the right ID, then place within the mistaken one. do this for all the pop-ups . I checked Settings , sign out and back in. i still have getting the pop ups again it seems that it solved the iPad pop up issue but I am sure it will soon get corrected

What may happen that is you jailbreak your iDevice and downloaded cracked apps with Installers? Then you backed it up, and then upon restoring from backup, it tried to download the cracked apps from the accounts of the first homeowners. Apple will simply suspend lots of jailbreakers and crackers this manner if they needed.

This is truly happening as a result of you've got songs downloaded from web sharing that weren't purchased. iTunes songs enable playback anywhere but still maintain an Apple ID signature. So, once you restore from an iCloud backup, it downloads again any songs and apps that were originally buy from the iTunes store back to the device, however it requirements that the account match to confirm before the download from the iTunes purchase history . a lot of an equivalent method if you are trying to borrow an app from somebody else Apple ID and check out to update it later, it asks for his or her Apple ID, not your's, since the acquisition was created by them. This is often additionally why, once you sync along with your Mac this issue goes away entirely.

I was thinking it'd be an app issue, however i do not assume her ID has ever been used on my pc. however I do notice that once I sync it asks for that password twice, that has me wondering if it's 2 apps inflicting this. would like I might discern that apps or songs or no matter are in her name.