Thread: it improves the battery life in airplane mode after upgrading to ios 5

it improves the battery life in airplane mode after upgrading to ios 5

: after upgrading to ios 5 when I put my phone mode to airplane mode and use it to play games and search and stream videos for more than 5 hour my battery drains from 100% to 95%
    But when I connect to cell network and use it to browse my comes down from 100% to 85 in 20 minutes. Did anyone else notice this?

Re: it improves the battery life in airplane mode after upgrading to ios 5

Yap, after upgrading my phone to ios 5 it’s consume more charge so even I follow this procedure because when I put my phone in airplane mode for 8-10 hours as I am not allowed to take any personal calls at my work place my battery goes from 100% to 95%. And when I connect my phone to network during my break to check my messages for 30 hours the battery takes more than 8-10%. So keeping cell on airplane mode when is not in use really save lots of battery.

Even I put my phone in airplane mode when it is not in use such as at night I keep my phone to airplane mode and the alarm still works and the battery was at the same point when I kept it in airplane mode.

Yes after upgrading to ios 5 I have experienced it lot that the battery drains fast at cellular mode because the phone search signal for your phone at cellular mode and this searching of network keep battery using constantly.
    Once I went at a place where there was no network and I forgot to put my phone in airplane mode and 70% was remaining my phone died in search of network in 6 hour it was really annoying.

I just upgraded to ios 5 and noticed that my battery is consuming more charge when kept idle and on using. Then I keeping it into airplane mode save lot’s of charging Than in previous version.

Yes after upgrading it to ios 5 in my iphone 4s. even I tried it today; I kept my phone in airplane for 5 hours without using it and the battery was at same level when I kept it in airplane. And when I kept it in normal mode for 5 hour without using it the battery was from 100% to 87% hence it proved that cellular mode drain battery fast. And I am really impressed by ios 5 airplane mode power saving.

According to me I don’t think that the battery has effect because of upgrading to ios 5. Because I have been noticing the day from when I have upgraded to ios 5 the effect of battery performance is same as it was before.

I always put my phone to airplane mode when there is no network or at night it makes a lot difference as the network chip get’s disable it won’t search for network and the it stop working until it is put in network mode again so in airplane mode none of your application will ask for update or send any report via network. Yes even I my noticing that my battery is darning fast after upgrading to ios 5.

Even I will never put my phone in airplane mode even in night as I will miss my emergence call or message and I really don’t understand you put your phone in airplane mode it makes your phone of no use you can’t even search internet instead of keeping your phone in airplane mode switch it off…….

Putting phone on airplane mode don’t make me to do or receive call or message because the network chip is off. Whereas the Wifi chip is still on.
    by use of Wifi you can use internet you can browse, stream, download you can perform all the task that you do in your phone in normal mode accept call. And yes even I have observed that after upgrading my battery is consuming much power but similarly airplane mode is consuming much less charge it has really proved.