Thread: Clean windows 7 installation / Backup and Restore in Sony VAIO SA/SB

Clean windows 7 installation / Backup and Restore in Sony VAIO SA/SB

I had a Sony VAIO SA series laptop that I purchased over a year ago which is one of the best from Sony, but I am unable to perform clean installation of window7 on my laptop, and I am also want to know that how can I perform backup and restore on it. If anyone knows then please recommend me.

Re: Clean windows 7 installation / Backup and Restore in Sony VAIO SA/SB

hi, there is a simple way in which you can clean install windows7 on your Sony VAIO SA or SB laptop , you can refer the following points which are mentioned below for installation of windows7 on your sony VAIO laptop,
    1.if you are installing from windows7 DVD , than Hold f2 button when the Sony VAIO is powering up this will help you to enter bios setup. Once you done with the bios setup than,
    2. just boot into windows7 DVD ,than select Next, Install Now, Custom and to delete old partition (if any) use driver option and create a new partition for windows. Format the partition and proceed with the windows7 installation.

hello, you can easily clean installed windows 7 in your Sony VAIO laptop, you only need a windows 7 installed disk, you just have to boot from the disk ,once you boot from the disk than you just have to follow the screen instructions, which you can do easily, once you are completed with the installation ,you may have to download drivers from Sony for devices that windows 7 doesn’t recognize ,finally just check the device manager after installation.
    For installing drivers from Sony you can use guide that is posted in SA/SB owner thread of the first page.

hello guys, I have a Sony VAIO laptop, and I want to set it back to factory restore settings. I do not have a recovery disk. I am using windows vista, how can I make a recovery disk from my Sony VAIO Laptop, please reply me.

if you want to backup or restore your Sony VAIO laptop than VAIO recovery center is the best software to do this , VAIO recovery center allows you to create backup points and restore your windows, or you can have the possibility of reinstall program or drivers this software also use for creating recovery disk and you can do that with just 2-3 clicks .
    Recovery discs are used when the system does not work properly, so it is highly recommended to have this disks. VAIO system package do not include recovery discs but Sony provides the application which is needed to create them . to create your VAIO recovery disks you just have to follow some simple steps.
    1. Click on start > all programs > VAIO recovery center , once the VAIO recovery center is open than
    2. Select create recovery disk from right menu and click on start .
    3. Select Next.
    4. Select create disk and choose the disk at your choice, 2 DVD or one double layer DVD ,once you choose than click next. That’s it
    Now you just have to insert DVD in your optical drive than your VAIO Recovery center will do the rest of the job of backup and restore.