Thread: heating problem in samsung galaxy nexus

heating problem in samsung galaxy nexus

1 week ago I bought a new Samsung galaxy nexus. It runs smoothly with no hardware or software problem. I access it comfortably. From last 2 days whenever I keep it for charging the phone gets heat up. I thought it might be due to the charging but even when I unplug the charger and use the phone for continuous 10 to 15 minutes, it again heats up. And I don’t feel that it is a normal behavior. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem?

Re: heating problem in samsung galaxy nexus

Mine is OK. I never faced such problem except when I see videos that too for over half an hour continuously. Normally it remains bit warm, I think it is something normal which I saw in most of the phones. But I need to know what you people think, is my phone in a normal condition?

Normally if you see, heating up of an electronic device is the most common problem. In fact you should not take it as a problem. But yes it happen only in some specific condition like if the phone is overly used or kept for charging for a long period of time. You must note down your handset’s heating temperature. And get it confirmed from the service center about the normal temperature.

Whenever such problem occurs most of the time it’s because of the battery. Most of the old phone after a long use and charging, the battery looses it ability of storing the electric power and causes several other problems. Amongst them heating up is the major and most common one. Simply just get your battery replaced. Everything will be fine.

It’s already mentions above that the phone is 1 week old. So that means your phone’s battery should definitely not show such symptoms. Contact the service center and ask them to get the battery replaced or to suggest you with some other suggestion. They will not charge you as your phone is in warranty.

Normally my phone’s temperature is 30 degree Celsius when it is at rest. And it goes up to 36 to 40 degree when it’s in use. And sometimes watching videos in YouTube for continuous 15 minutes takes the temperature to 45 degree. It was all due to the defection of battery. After replacing it, everything came to its normal position. Battery is the core and sometimes the sole reason for the heating problem.

Me too,
    I just buy Nexus, I could't compleat the first phone call because of the heat that I felt it through my ear. I was surprised becuase I used before Galaxy S1 and iPhone and there was no such problem.

I think this mobile is the greates propagada i ever get. I am totally disappointed.