Thread: Contacts Photo in iphone 4 appears differently after upgrading to ios 5 and turning on icloud

Contacts Photo in iphone 4 appears differently after upgrading to ios 5 and turning on icloud

I am having a iphone 4 and I have recently upgraded it to ios 5 and everything else is just fine but then I have found that the Contacts Photo in my phone is appearing differently as compared to what it appeared in the previous version, I mean that before activating iCloud when I used to add some contacts to the AddressBook and when someone from the contact used to call’s me then is used to get a small pic along with the name but then now I am not finding a way to get their small pic because now it is displaying the pic on the whole screen. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well?

Re: Contacts Photo in iphone 4 appears differently after upgrading to ios 5 and turning on icloud

I am having a iphone 4 and I have recently upgraded it to ios 5 and everything else is just fine but then I have found that the Contacts Photo in my phone is appearing differently as compared to what it appeared in the previous version, I mean that before activating iCloud when I used to add some contacts to the AddressBook and when someone from the contact used to call’s me then is used to get a small pic along with the name but then now I am not finding a way to get their small pic because now it is displaying the pic on the whole screen. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well?
    If you have used a MacBook in order to sync the phone then you will now have to add/edit a photo from your Address Book on your Mac and after that you can have the iCloud sync, if you don’t want to do in that way than you can just plug in your iPhone to your system in order to sync it and after that you will get the contact pic shown in small icon as you used to get. Just try it out and then let me know if you are able to do the same or not.

Re: Contacts Photo in iphone 4 appears differently after upgrading to ios 5 and turning on icloud

Hey thanks for that but then I have tried out the solution that you have specified but then I don’t think that it is making any difference, I don’t think that I have missed anything are you sure that the solution that you have provided is found to be working, I mean that have you tried it yourself. I have also tried to find a solution for the same in other forums as well but then I have not yet found a solution for it. I am really running out of ideas, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Yes I have tried it out myself and it had really worked out for me but then I don’t think that why is it not working for you. Actually some months ago I had a photo from my camera roll in to the contact and after syncing it with the Mobile Me the photo should still remain large but after trying out the above solution that I had suggested you, later MobileMe sync it to my phone and after that I was getting the small image without any problem. If the same is not working for you then I will suggest you to try it out with icloud and see if it is making any difference.

I have tried out with the icloud as well and I have tried it out several times as well but then it is just not working, is there any other solution that I can try out??

I have tried out with the icloud as well and I have tried it out several times as well but then it is just not working, is there any other solution that I can try out??

I think that I can help you out here, I was having the same problem when I used to use pictures from the camera roll then it use to appear on the whole screen but then after I started sync photos from Facebook then the problem disappeared, if you want then you can try out the same, I am not very sure if this is a perfect solution but then you can at least give it a try.

I think that I have found the cause of this issue and it is just that the picture that you use to add should be of small resolution otherwise it will appear on the whole screen. I have tried out using the picture with the low resolution and I am getting the picture in small icon with the name. In short 256x256 and below resolution pic will come as small where as pic having more resolution will appear on the whole screen.Just try it out and then let me know if you are able to solve the issue or not.

I am not aware about the above solutions but then I have found the below solution to be working:
    • First copy all the contacts pics that you want to use in the macbook and after that click on edit and then double click on the picture and after that copy the same.
    • After that delete the picture and then stay on the same contact and then paste it and click on set and then click on done.

You will have to do the same for all the contacts that is pretty annoying but then it works well

I don’t think that you have to try out all this, you can just try this easy solution, I have tried it out myself and I am very sure that it works:
    • First just import your contacts into Google contacts.
    • After that delete them from contacts on both computer and phone.
    • Now import the Google contacts onto your mac again.
    • After that just sync them to your phone.

I have found that the Google will automatically re-size the pics and then on import they will be set to small size. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you all or not.

I have tried out the same and it has finally solved the issue. Thanks for this solution, I really appreciate it.