Thread: iPhone 4 is freezing while upgrading it to iOS 5

iPhone 4 is freezing while upgrading it to iOS 5

I have recently bought an iPhone 4 and it is running on iOS 4.3.5 and I am also having a MacBook with iTunes 10.5.2 running on Mac OS X 10.6.8 an there is sufficient space on both but then the problem is that when I am trying to upgrade it to iOS 5 then the phone is getting freeze after 5% and the screen stays with the spinning icon. Is there anyone who can help me out with the same? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: iPhone 4 is freezing while upgrading it to iOS 5

I have recently bought an iPhone 4 and it is running on iOS 4.3.5 and I am also having a MacBook with iTunes 10.5.2 running on Mac OS X 10.6.8 an there is sufficient space on both but then the problem is that when I am trying to upgrade it to iOS 5 then the phone is getting freeze after 5% and the screen stays with the spinning icon. Is there anyone who can help me out with the same? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you anything then I just wanted to know that are you having a jailbroken iphone?? If yes then you can just refer to this thread and try out the solution that is mentioned there. Just take a look and see if you are having the same case.

Hey I have checked it out and he is having a total different case because my phone is not jailbroken yet, actually the process is getting freeze at the "Backing up" section. I don’t know what is going wrong I don’t think that I have missed anything. Is there anything else that is required to upgrade to ios 5?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

If you are not having a jailbroken phone then I don’t think that there should be any such problem. Have you tried a normal hard reset and then carrying out the process?? If not then try it out and see if it is making any difference in your case.

I have tried out the hard rest method several times and have started the whole process again as well but then it is just not making any difference and it still get stuck or freeze at the same section. Is there any other method that I can try out to upgrade the phone to ios 5??

I have tried out the hard rest method several times and have started the whole process again as well but then it is just not making any difference and it still get stuck or freeze at the same section. Is there any other method that I can try out to upgrade the phone to ios 5??
    I don’t think that there is any other method in order to upgrade the phone but then you can try out the same process on other computer running on mac os x and see if the problem is getting solved or not. If you have not tried so then just try it out and then let me know what you get. If you get any kind of error then just make a note of the same and then post it here so I can have a better idea about the problem that you are facing. Best of luck.

There might be possibilities that you phone might have been bricked and if it is so then I will suggest you to do a Restore from backup or activate it as a new phone and see if it is making any difference but then if you don’t think that the phone is bricked or so then you can also try to perform a regular sync and back up in a normal way. If doing that is not helping you out then you can better try to upgrade the phone to ios 5 without the backup. Just check it out and see what possible thing you can try from the above solution. If you have any further problem than let us know for further help.