Thread: How does iChat work in the IOS 5

How does iChat work in the IOS 5

As I’m using the iphone 4S and as a new to the iphone user I want toknow that how does the chat work in the IOS 5, as while sending text messages to my friends and relatives what I see it works as a text message and not as the ichat messages. So for this I would like to know how can I use the chat work in the IOS 5.

So if anyone from here knowing about how to chat using the IOS 5, as a new to the iphone I don’t have much knowledge about this.

re: How does iChat work in the IOS 5

As far as I know about the iphone and the ios 5, I think there is no such thing called the iChat and the thing which you are talking about is called the imessage and not the iChat.

I would like to know what you have tried in the ios 5 and what are the things you are facing the issue. as chatting on the ios 5 is easy by just going to the message tab and type the message and the number you want to send to and is done. You can do it but still as you are new to the iphone I want to know what have you tried doing in the ios 5.

First sorry for saying the iChat as didn’t knew well about the function in the IOS5. So what I have tried doing is, went to the message option and after when I type the text I see the green text chat message and not an blue text message as people use to say it. and also want to know one thing is that while using the imessage it is necessary that wifi and the 3G should be activated or enabled.

So for this can anyone give the precise reason how does it work and is wifi and 3G essential for the workings.

Re: How does iChat work in the IOS 5

First thing I would say is that it is not called the iChat but is called the iMessage. And for using the imessage you need to have both the features enabled i.e wifi and the 3G. And as if you are saying that whenever you type the texts and sent it to nay of the number from the imessage the text seems to be in green then for this I would say that it a glitch as even I have experience the same and received the text in the green and turned to bue after few seconds. So for this don’t get tensed as this issue is seen in many of the IOS5 since it is in the beta version and will get fixed.