Thread: Undocumented Features of apple iOS 5

Undocumented Features of apple iOS 5

I have recently bought an iphone and It is running on iOS 5 and I am just loving my new phones, I have been fidgeting with it and was learning the features of it and I have surprisingly found a undocumented feature, I mean that here we can swipe the weather in the notification screen and we can get 6 day outlook as well, I was not aware of the same and it is also not mentioned anywhere, that’s why I am calling it a undocumented feature. Is there anyone who has found nay such feature and will like to share it here?

Re: Undocumented Features of apple iOS 5

I have recently bought an iphone and It is running on iOS 5 and I am just loving my new phones, I have been fidgeting with it and was learning the features of it and I have surprisingly found a undocumented feature, I mean that here we can swipe the weather in the notification screen and we can get 6 day outlook as well, I was not aware of the same and it is also not mentioned anywhere, that’s why I am calling it a undocumented feature. Is there anyone who has found nay such feature and will like to share it here?
    I think that I have found one but then it appears as bug rather than a undocumented feature but then I am not sure about the same, it is just that the red-eye removal tool is not able to detect the red eye and if you try to do so then it gets stuck and to avoid it we have to click on the cancel button and then switch back to the camera again, is there any of you noticed the same or the problem is just in my case??

I think that I have found one but then it appears as bug rather than a undocumented feature but then I am not sure about the same, it is just that the red-eye removal tool is not able to detect the red eye and if you try to do so then it gets stuck and to avoid it we have to click on the cancel button and then switch back to the camera again, is there any of you noticed the same or the problem is just in my case??
    No I am not having the same problem and I doubt that others might be having it too, any ways I have found some undocumented feature and it is that we can just switch the calendar in landscape mode and view a whole week and the other thing that I have found is that we can set the vibration as per our pattern. If you want to try out the same then just go in to settings>general>accessibility and after that just select the custom vibrations and then move down to the touch vibration and there you will find some standard vibrations like alert, heartbeat, rapid etc so you can just use them and customize the vibration.

I was not aware of the custom vibrations thing but then I have tried it out and I really like it as well and I have also found that we can use the led flash for incoming alerts as well and you can find it just below the enabling custom vibrations, just check it out guys it is really interesting.

Even I wanted to share out something and it is that when we open the weather app and when we tap on the local weather then we get hourly temperatures and the other thing that I have found to be undocumented is that the ios 5 os having Emoji keyboard and there is really no need for a substitute for the same. The last thing that I have found is that we can setup short hands for text in the Keyboard settings, I mean to say that when we type eml then it will type your email address that you have setup.

Yes you can configure a long text message to some shortcuts in while typing the text messages, you will just have to configure it out and the other thing that I have found is that when someone is ending you message then you can let them know that when you have read the message, this feature was in blackberry but then I was really surprised to get in the iphone. In order to so the same you will just have to go in to the Settings>Messages>Send Read Receipts and then just turn “on” the Send Read Receipts. Just try it out and then let me know what you feel about the same.

I have found the following:

• One can get the directions in Maps multiple different routes rather than just one.

• We can use the wi-fi sync with an iPod in car in order to hear music in ride without unhooking it and without dragging it into house.
    • We can get dictionary definitions when we tap and wait for some seconds on the word that we have wrote or read.
    • There are new apps in iOS 5 such as “AirPort utility” which can configure our AirPort Express wi-fi router using a laptop.

I have found these:
    • One can hide the keyboard while we are viewing the text message by wiping it down and swiping it up.
    • One can now swipe apps in history as well.
    • One can use Private Browsing in Safari By just going in to the setting of the safari and then selecting the Private Browsing option.

I have found that there are Custom Text Tones as well and there are few additional pre-installed tones and effects as well. The other thing that I have found is that we can delete different calls that are opposed to the entire call history, it used to take a long time do it for each calls. I have noticed one more thing but then I am not very sure if it is new, I mean that when we take a snap then there is no need of the small icon that used to appear below but then we can just swipe right and view the same.

I have found that we can now use the safari or set it in a way that it will open the new pages in the back ground on our iphone rather than navigating to a new page. This was not there before so you can count it as an undocumented feature of the ios5.