Thread: Unable to download applications from android market on LG nitro HD

Unable to download applications from android market on LG nitro HD

I have bought this new LG nitro android phone. I am not able to download any application from android market .I haven’t even downloaded any application from anywhere else so there is no chances of getting any viruses. I also don’t have any space related issues. I would really appreciate the help!

Re: Unable to download applications from android market on LG nitro HD

no need to panic, just switch off your phone and restart it. Or try switching to the different network types (|GMS, HSPDA, etc).now see if you are able start download. If yes, then cancel the downloading and restart again. This will work.

problem can also be with application itself. Just go to phone: main menu then setting, now go to application then manage applications. Then go to menu button, click on “filter” and then “all” .
    Now again go to market then uninstall updates, now go back to main menu and load up market again.

When I go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Market, I don't see the "Uninstall updates" option at all. All I see is "force Stop", cancel (option disabled), Clear data, Move to SD Card(disabled), clear cache and Clear Defaults(disabled). So how can I uninstall my updates.

if your are not getting “uninstall update” just clear your cache memory, delete your cookies and restart your connection. This should solve your problem.

yes I have tried that too and still no luck.
    I am just curious to know if I am the only user of this phone facing this problem. Is it working for anyone else on nitro.
    Given the fact that, the free internal memory is around 12MB to 14Mb, is app download expected to work? If not, then it should be a generic problem with this phone.
    I have not installed any application on this phone. But still it shows 366MB used and 14MB free. But if I look at the total memory used by the apps, it is definitely not more than 100MB. I am not sure if there is some problem here.

check your surfing data remaining! May be you are low on balance. If not just switch off your phone and remove your sim card and insert it again. It might be having some network problem. Network problem appears when there is any update is going on the server site.

i have total memory of 500 mb and my installed software won’t take more than 100 mb then how can they show “only 14 mb free” . and I am getting this ”low space” pop-up from very first day! I have checked my data and also all the softwares that are installed in my phone. Every application in my phone is of just few mb and I have also cleared cache memory. But still problem continues.

I have the same problem, my phone works fine with pre-installed applications and I can use internet very well. I can also browse my video on youtube. But just when I try to download any games or any application form market, it only shows “starting downloading”. But doesn’t proceed further! Please help me with this problem.

yes regarding your low space issue, try re-flashing your phone. If flashing doesn’t solve your problem then consider visiting service center. If your phone is in warranty go and show it to the shop from where you bought it.

I have tried re-flashing my phone but its still showing 16mb memory only. What else can I do . Does anyone know what procedure technicians in service center use, so that I can try it at home. Can I have my phone replacement from service center? if yes how much time it will take to send back another phone or serviced phone? Honestly it is very frustrating and embarrassing experience for me. This makes no sense in spending so much money on the phone and in the end you come to know about so many problems with your phone.