Thread: My 1 TB HDD won’t recognize on any PC after connecting to the Sony Bravia HX-823

My 1 TB HDD won’t recognize on any PC after connecting to the Sony Bravia HX-823

I have 1TB hard disk with FAT32, one day I had connected it to my LCD Sony Bravia HX-823, I used it for while and after connecting it back to my pc , it started showing reading problems! I also tried my hard disk on other computers but it isn’t working on any pc! Have I lost my hard disk or there is any way by which I can get my hard disk back?

Re: My 1 TB HDD won’t recognize on any PC after connecting to the Sony Bravia HX-823

That’s really bad. I thing Sony has some problems dealing with 1 TB hard disk. During registration and de-registration of your hard disk from your tv
    Some corruption happened to “files allocation table on the boot sector”. But the hard disk is safe and don’t worry about it. If this is the cause then you can’t see your hard disk in windows explorer . there arew many software that fix such problems.
    e.g: GetData back or HDD regenerator

Re: My 1 TB HDD won’t recognize on any PC after connecting to the Sony Bravia HX-823

Hey, can’t you see the drive at all in “My Computer” even in its current state (FAT32)? Normally all the windows supports fat32 format , and you should not get this type of issue. There must be some problem with Sony itself like a user said above. At least if it is showing in the disk manager then, you should format it with NTFS if you want. Your hard disk will only work in FAT32 format on tv.

Thank you so much , using HDD regenerator worked for me! I thought, I have completely lost my hard disk. It would have been big loss to me as 1TB hard disk is very costly.