Thread: Loose connection for the Power Connector in Dell XPS 17 socket

Loose connection for the Power Connector in Dell XPS 17 socket

Hi friends I have Dell XPS 17 Laptop, and this my Favorite Laptop. But recently while I was trying to connect the power connector it come out of it's socket. So I have seen that it is slightly loose from the back of the laptop, so I just want to know what is this problems that socket fail to connect with the Power Connector. So I want to know is this is normal for this Dell XPS 17, do you guys have seen this kind of connection problems in Dell XPS 17 socket. So if you guys have any of the information or any of the ideas or suggestion for this thing, then please do the reply.

Re: Loose connection for the Power Connector in Dell XPS 17 socket

According to my information may be the power cable is thicker and less flexible that you were using for making the connection. Or maybe it is twisting and pulling force to the connector so may be this is also the reason for cable not to connect properly with the socket. So make the verification for the cables that you are using and also make sure that there not any of twisting present which makes the whole cable heavy, and may be because of this reason it is continuous force trying to pull the cable out of the socket.

I think that the cable is not properly enters into the rear of the laptop, so because of that reason it fail to forces on the plug from out of the socket. And also the friction of the socket that is responsible for holding the plug into the socket is fairly significant or not. So if it is not that there in that much quantity then this will be the main reason for this kind of issue. So make this thing fixed then try to connect the power cable in to the socket.

According to my information, this is due to the improper present of the friction holding the plug, so while pluging the power cable in to the socket is it exerted over the short distance. So the need for the cable to plug there in the socket to be pulled out a short distance before the frictional force holding it, so if that thing is not properly then there are the chances that the cable will fall out of the socket.

This type of the problems is mostly seen in the Dell XPS 17, because most of the users have the same issue for the connection of the power connecter to the Dell Laptop socket. So there may be the need for some other cable for connecting with the socket.

Try to use some different Power Connector to connect with the Dell XPS 17 socket, and see whether the same issue is there still exists. Or there may be some of the defect in the designing for the cable or for the Laptop is possible.
    So because of that reason only this thing is happening over the connection.
    The best way is to go to the service center if you have this problems with almost every time.

Even I was also facing the same issue with my Dell Laptop, so I think that the dell have to make some of the power adaptors that support the Dell Device. There mostly I have seen that the cable just fall out by this socket. And also I am trying to use the cable which is not defect also.

Even then also I have the same issue for the connection of the cables with the socket. So this thing have to be fixed

According to my suggestion the cable that you are using for this purpose is not designed to lock in to the AC adapter. Or there may be the chances that the notebook is not in a stable position, so because of these also the cable is being pulled out from the socket. And also still I have not seen such thing that the cable will fall out by itself, so if this thing is there then it may be the socket that may be defective or damaged. So there is the need for the system to be serviced there by the service center.

According to my experience I have not seen this kind of the problems with the Dell Laptop. So I think that you must try to get the perfect ad the suitable power adaptors that support the Dell Device. Because there are none of the problems I have seen with the power adaptors of this Dell Device, you can also visit the official link to know the well suitable power adaptors for the Dell Laptop that you are using.