Thread: CPU Fan showing high spin mode in Dell Studio 15

CPU Fan showing high spin mode in Dell Studio 15

Recently I have bought the new Dell Studio 15 Laptop, and I am very much excited about this laptop. So the entire thing in this Laptop including the feature and the advance function is good and impressive. But I have one problem with the CPU Fan of this Dell Studio 15. That whenever I start this Laptop, the CPU fan show the variation in speed some of the time it run slow and some of the time it go into high spin mode. So I don’t know why such things are seen there in this laptop. So if you guys have any ideas or the solution to fix this issue then please do the reply. Any of the reply will be appreciated, I'm quite the noob and I would really appreciate your guys help!!

Re: CPU Fan showing high spin mode in Dell Studio 15

According to my information you have to make the verification for the CPU utilization, that at what utilization these things happen. And also some of the timer the CPU temperature is also one of the factors for the variation of the speed of the Fan. And make the verification of the problems with the help of the Dell Diagnostic Tool and see whether it show any of the problem report. And if this step not works for you to resolve this issue, then you can try the alternate thing like Changing Power Setting's.

I think this is not the serious issue, so you can talk about this issue with the Dell Support and make the fix for this issue. Because still I have not heard or seen this issue for this Laptop, so this is one of the internal mistake which have to be fixed by the Dell Support only, so take go to service center and fix this thing.

I think this problem is due to overheating of the CPU or the CPU cooling fan because when the CPU cooling fan is not seated properly or the thermal paste is not applied well on the CPU the overheating of the CPU occurs and because one core is getting hot, this might lead to this type of behavior.

So fixed the CPU cooling fan properly and apply some of the thermal paste on the CPU to avoid such issue.

According to my information this is not the system issue, you can make the use of cooling pad which is mostly used for the alternate cooling options for the Laptop, because I have seen this cooling pad worked successfully for my Laptop. So you must try this cooling pad may it will help you to resolve this issue.

I think that both the core not has the same temperature, so if the temperature raises the CPU fan show this issue. So there is the need to apply some of the thermal paste to solve this kind of the overheating of the fan. So that this issue is solved and that works normally.

This may be due to the processor cores temps, so if the FAN kicks at some of the rpm this issue will be seen again and again. And also make the thing in your Laptop up to date. Update the require drivers and the other important program to avoid this issue. Update the Bios; update Dell drivers, and also if possible then make the update for the windows may this will bring some of the improvement. And further you can make the changes there in the cooling strategy from Active to Passive, and also some of the changes in the graphical card Performance to use Low energy.

I have not seen this kind of issue, so I don’t have that much of ideas on this Fan issue. But however some of the software can help you out; this is not sure but may it works. So for this thing you can make use of ‘ik8fangui’ and "SpeedFan" because this arethe software that can be used to recognize the chipset that used to control the FAN.

As per my experience this problem comes from one of the following point:
    • May be it is due to Bios, which may have some of the bug.
    • May the Fan is not working properly according to electrical commands it receives.
    • May be the chip which used to controls the FAN is not working properly and fail to send the right commands to the FAN.
    • May be the processor getting over heated.

I think you must call the Dell support, so that they make the fix of this problem. So if there are the needs for the replacement of the motherboard as well as the FAN they will make it. So this is the best way to get over this issue.

May be the CPU fan is not connected and install properly, so may be because of the loss connection and the installation of this CPU FAN it is making such unwanted problems. So check for the connection and the installation of this CPU fan and if require then make the proper connection and the installation of the CPU fan to overcome this issue.