Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Dell XPS 15z ambient light is not functioning properly

Portable Devices

Old 25-12-2011

Dell XPS 15z ambient light is not functioning properly

I have recently bought a Dell XPS 15z and I have found that the ambient light is not functioning properly, I mean when I am pressing the fn f6 then I am able to control the ambient light properly but then I have found that when I am using the laptop in the in a room with "full light" or sunlight then the keyboard light will turn on, I donít think that it is normal?? And it does not light up when I am in a fully lit room. The other thing that I wanted to share is that when I am setting the fn f6 key to medium then it stays like that the next time as well, I donít know why the it is not remembering the last setting. Is there anyone who can help me out with the same?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Old 25-12-2011

Re: Dell XPS 15z ambient light is not functioning properly

Quote:
I have recently bought a Dell XPS 15z and I have found that the ambient light is not functioning properly, I mean when I am pressing the fn f6 then I am able to control the ambient light properly but then I have found that when I am using the laptop in the in a room with "full light" or sunlight then the keyboard light will turn on, I donít think that it is normal?? And it does not light up when I am in a fully lit room. The other thing that I wanted to share is that when I am setting the fn f6 key to medium then it stays like that the next time as well, I donít know why the it is not remembering the last setting. Is there anyone who can help me out with the same?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
As far as I am aware of it this is not any kind of problem and it works in the same way if you want then you can just check it out here.
Old 25-12-2011

No it should not work in that way and it is really some kind of problem and I am also having similar problem, in my case when I am starting the laptop then the ambient light is functioning properly but then after I use the ambient light is not functioning properly but then when I am using fn+F6 combo in order to adjust the same then it appears as if the ambient light sensor is not capable of controlling the keyboard back-lightning properly, so I just wanted to know that is there a way to get it work properly.
Old 25-12-2011

Quote:
No it should not work in that way and it is really some kind of problem and I am also having similar problem, in my case when I am starting the laptop then the ambient light is functioning properly but then after I use the ambient light is not functioning properly but then when I am using fn+F6 combo in order to adjust the same then it appears as if the ambient light sensor is not capable of controlling the keyboard back-lightning properly, so I just wanted to know that is there a way to get it work properly.
I think that I can help you out here, just try to do the below steps:
  • Press the Windows Key + X and open the Mobility Center and then navigate to the "Keyboard Brightness:" in the setting.
  • After that just Click on the icon and then you will get a keyboard back-lighting setting so now just check the "Enable Ambient Light Sensor Control for Keyboard lighting" and then click on ok and you are done.
Old 25-12-2011

I am having the following setting and I have not faced any problem like this yet:
  • Intel graphics settings, Both on High Performance
  • Display
    • Display brightness 100% for both
    • Dim display brightness 80% for both
Just try to so the same and then let me know if you still face the same problem or it is solved.
Old 26-12-2011

Hey I think that you might be luck with the setting that you have specified above but then I have tried out the same and I dint think that it is making any difference, it is working fine when I am starting the laptop but then it does not work when I am pressing the Fn+ F6. I donít know where the problem is, I mean that I have also activated the intelligent sensor as well but then it is still not working. I really need an effective solution to solve it out. Please help!!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,