Thread: Dell XPS L702X Touchpad not working properly

Dell XPS L702X Touchpad not working properly

I have recently bought a Dell XPS L702X and it has been working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly, I have found that the Touchpad is not working properly, I mean that sometimes it work properly and sometimes it just get stuck and it does not respond at all, the only solution that is working here is turning off the trackpad and then turning it on again but this problem appear again after 5 minutes. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?

Re: Dell XPS L702X Touchpad not working properly

I have recently bought a Dell XPS L702X and it has been working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly, I have found that the Touchpad is not working properly, I mean that sometimes it work properly and sometimes it just get stuck and it does not respond at all, the only solution that is working here is turning off the trackpad and then turning it on again but this problem appear again after 5 minutes. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?
    I think that there might be something wrong with the driver but then I am not that sure about the same, I will suggest you to first make sure that you are using the recommended driver from the dell website and not any other driver from some other third party. Just check it out and then let me know if you are still having the same problem.

I don’t think that there is some problem with the driver, I mean that I have been using the recommended driver from the dell website and I have recently downloaded the latest one as well:
    Dell SRV,DRVR,TPAD,SYNAPTICS,N4110 version A0115.3.22.0
    Even after having this, it is not making any difference and the problem is still the same, is there any other solution that I can try out??

I don’t think that there is some problem with the driver, I mean that I have been using the recommended driver from the dell website and I have recently downloaded the latest one as well:
    Dell SRV,DRVR,TPAD,SYNAPTICS,N4110 version A0115.3.22.0
    Even after having this, it is not making any difference and the problem is still the same, is there any other solution that I can try out??
    If it is not working fine with the driver from the dell website then you can try to and see if it helps, I will suggest you to get the synaptics touchpad drivers from here. Make sure that you are getting the respected driver I mean according to your operating system and all and then see if it is making any difference or not.

Hey I have installed the synaptics touchpad drivers that you have provided in the above link but then even it is not making any difference and I am still having the same problem, I have also tried to make a hard reset and I have also rebooted the machine a no of time but then I don’t think that it is helping me out. I have also tried to find out a solution for the same in a no of forum but then I have not got any success by now, I really want to get it work somehow, should I visit the service center or there is some other workaround that I can try out to solve this issue, any further help for this problem will be highly appreciated.

Hey I have installed the synaptics touchpad drivers that you have provided in the above link but then even it is not making any difference and I am still having the same problem, I have also tried to make a hard reset and I have also rebooted the machine a no of time but then I don’t think that it is helping me out. I have also tried to find out a solution for the same in a no of forum but then I have not got any success by now, I really want to get it work somehow, should I visit the service center or there is some other workaround that I can try out to solve this issue, any further help for this problem will be highly appreciated.
    The only workaround that I can think now is deleting all the drivers that you have and then installing them again using the default built in drivers. Just check it out and see if it is making any difference if not then you will have to visit the service center to get it repaired because there are possibilities that this might be dues to some kind of hardware problem as well.

Hey I was having the same problem with the Dell XPS L702X Touchpad but then I was able to solve it out by downloading and installing the latest version from the dell website if you want then you can try out the below driver and see if it is working for you as well, I think that it should probably solve the issue as it had solved mines:
    Dell SRV,DRVR,TPAD,SYNAPTICS,N4110

Hey thanks for that link, I have finally solved the issue , after trying a no of solution before even I was thinking that this is some kind of hardware issue but then after installing the driver that you have mentioned above I have fixed the issue, I am really thankful to you for this, I really appreciate your help.