Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad intel i3 vs i5 should I buy or wait

Lenovo Thinkpad intel i3 vs i5 should I buy or wait

As I’m a student and want to buy the laptop for myself as am taking the admission in the university, but the thing is that as the budget is not more since I had recently bought the PC last year and don’t want to spend on high config in the laptop as the budget of mine is $600. So when going through all the laptops I selected the lenevo thinkpad but the thing is that which I’m confused about is whether should I go for buying the lenevo thinkpad with the intel i3 or i5 processor.

So can anyone from here help me with this, so that I can get some of the idea about this and go for the perfect one to buy.

re: Lenovo Thinkpad intel i3 vs i5 should I buy or wait

If you are thinking of buying the laptop then I think that you should go for the intel i5 processor as you are gonna buy the laptop once so it is better you should buy the laptop with good config as it will cost you bit more, but will get the best config. So my suggestion is that better you go for the i7 processor instead of buying the i5.

I would like to know that what are your requirements in the laptop. As then only it would be helpful for me to tell you which is better and which one should you go for. So I would like to know what are your exact requirements you do and want to do with this processor.

As a student I must say that all normal functions such as word, pdf and should b able to take notes. So I think it comes by default, so it is not an issue. But what I want to know is that as now a days all the softwares comes with high requirement. And about the games, I play the PC games but not much, so it is not that the laptop should be capable of supporting high end games. So for this I want you all help so that I can choose between i3 or i7 for my laptop.

According to me for this I would say that if you just want the normal things to work on the laptop, then it is better you should go with the i3 processor rather than the i5. As installing with the i7 processor will really be costlier and I guess it won’t come in your budget. And as you are saying that you don’t play the high end games more so I think it would better you go with the i3 processor and it will come in the budget of yours.

One thing you can also do is that you can go for buying the i3 2nd generation processor.

I don’t think so it is worth going with the laptop with i7 processor bcoz according to me it is meaningless, as the guy has mentioned he doesn’t play the high end game and just do some basic things in the laptop. Then I think you should go with the i3 processor.

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad intel i3 vs i5 should I buy or wait

I’m using the laptop with the i7 processor which I bought recently and would tell you that the performance of the laptop is far better than the i3 processor. And for this I have compared mine i7 2nd generation laptop with my brother’s laptop which runs on the i3 processor. So I would say that the performance is better and also the graphics while playing the game is best. So it is preferred you should go with the i7 processor, but the only thing which will affect you will be the price which will be slightly higher than the i3 one. But would be worth buying the laptop with the i7.