Thread: Some Questions regarding the Dell XPS L702x

Some Questions regarding the Dell XPS L702x

I have recently bought a Dell XPS L702x and I have some Questions regarding it and they are as followed:
    • According to the paperwork I should have 1TB hdd but then when I opened up the properties than it is showing that I am having 500 gb?
    • I have recently bought a new battery (90 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery) and it says 3 hours but then after 5 minutes it says 6 hours is that normal??

Any help regarding the same will be appreciated:

Re: Some Questions regarding the Dell XPS L702x

I am not that aware of the other questions but then the I can clear out the confusion that you are having with the 1TB hdd and the 500 gb hdd, it is just that you are having 1TB hdd but then it is divided in to two, I mean that you are having two hdd’s each of 500 gb, As far as the battery is concerned I think that the 6 hours that you are getting is normal but then I am not that sure why is it changing like that. Hope that helps

You can check this one, I mean that if you have an second hdd then you can find where it will be installed:

Hey I am really thankful to you for that but then I think that I have not yet having access to the other hdd so how can I do the same?? I have checked in the laptop and I am able to see only one drive that is having 500 gb so I am not able to find out the trace of the other 5oo gb hdd that you are talking about. I am not very sure but then I just wanted to know that will it come automatically after the only drive that I am having will be full and so?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

No it does not work in the way that you are expecting, I don’t know why you are not getting the second hhd, if you want then you can try out the below task in order to full the drive and see if it comes up with the second hdd:
    • Do video editing and store it in the drive that you are having
    • If possible create a new partition and then store everything there so you don’t lose you data in case something goes wrong

Hey even I am having another problem with the recently bought Dell XPS L702x, I am not actually having problem with the laptop but then the mouse that I have got with it is unique I mean that the usb that it is having in order to connect to the laptop is such that it is not getting plugged in the laptop, I have tried forcing it as well but then it is not going in. Is there anyone who has ever faced this and has an idea about it??

Hey even I am having another problem with the recently bought Dell XPS L702x, I am not actually having problem with the laptop but then the mouse that I have got with it is unique I mean that the usb that it is having in order to connect to the laptop is such that it is not getting plugged in the laptop, I have tried forcing it as well but then it is not going in. Is there anyone who has ever faced this and has an idea about it??
    I don’t think that the problem that you have just described here is likely to be possible because the mouse has a universal usb port and it will fit well in the USB 2 or USB 3 slots and that should be possible without any such problem that you have faced. I will suggest you to check again if you are inserting it in the right slot. If you still have a doubt then I will suggest you to better check out the manual that you have got with the mouse that you are talking about. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I am aware that the usb mouse has the universal usb port and all but then I don’t think that I am having the same case because I have tried out everything but then it is just not fitting in the USB 2 or USB 3 slots. I have checked it with the old computers and my brother’s macbook as well and it fits there without any problem but then the same is not fitting in the Dell XPS L702x and that’s really disappointing, should I get it replaced??? Any further help will be appreciated.

I still cannot believe the same, I just want you to post a close image of the mouse connector and make sure that it is clear so I can take a look at it and understand your problem better.

Here it is:

I will like to inform you that I am inserting it correctly.

The picture that you have posted appears to be quite normal I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same but then I just wanted to know that have you checked out the laptop ports I mean that have you tried other usb devices to check if they are getting inserted properly without any force or problem, if you have not checked it yet then I will suggest you to check it out and then let me know what you are getting for further help.

I was going to share the same, I have checked with the other usb devices and I have found that they are getting inserted properly and they are working fine as well but then I am just having this problem with the mouse that I am using, I will visit the place from where I have bought it and will address them the same, Anyways thanks to you for your help by now, I really appreciate your help.