Thread: Dell XPS 15z is giving Battery disabled warning message

Dell XPS 15z is giving Battery disabled warning message

I have recently bought a Dell XPS 15z and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and now it is giving me a black screen saying that the battery is disabled and all. It also reboots automatically when it comes across the operating temperature, I have also found that it turns off when I am unplugging it form the AC adapter. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Dell XPS 15z is giving Battery disabled warning message

I have recently bought a Dell XPS 15z and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and now it is giving me a black screen saying that the battery is disabled and all. It also reboots automatically when it comes across the operating temperature, I have also found that it turns off when I am unplugging it form the AC adapter. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    I think that the battery is faulty and if you are saying that it happened suddenly than I think that something might have went wrong with it while charging, I will suggest you to contact the dell support and as you have got it recently than there are chances that they will give you a replacement for the same. Just contact them and see what they have to say about it.

I am not very sure if there is something wrong with the batter because I have used the battery test button and I have found it saying that the battery is completely charged and there is no problem with it but then the laptop is not getting start when I am just pressing the button of the laptop, it will reboot like I have said when I connect it to the adapter and it turns off again when I unplug it, I really don’t know what to do? Is there anyone who can help me out?

You said that you have bought the laptop recently so if you are under the 21 days period then you can get the whole laptop replace but then if you have crossed the same then I think you will have to contact the Dell in order to get the battery replaced or repaired. Just check out and see what is possible for you.

Hey thanks for the same but then I just wanted to share that I have just now ran the DSC test and according to the log report that I have got says that the battery is having a capacity as 4.40Wh and as far as I am aware it should be64Wh. The bios version that I am currently having is A02 and I have found a newer version that is A03 and I have heard that this helps in correcting the battery size in the DSC log file but then I am not that aware of the same, so I just wanted to know that is there anyone who has tried out the same and has and can clear my doubts.