Thread: Not able to uninstall ASUS Gamer OSD

Not able to uninstall ASUS Gamer OSD

I was having problem while playing games but then later I was able to track out the cause of it and it was the ASUS Gamer OSD that was raising the fps problem but then now when I am trying to uninstall the same then I am getting some error message, I don’t know what is it, Is there anyone who has faced the same while uninstalling the ASUS Gamer OSD and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Not able to uninstall ASUS Gamer OSD

I was having problem while playing games but then later I was able to track out the cause of it and it was the ASUS Gamer OSD that was raising the fps problem but then now when I am trying to uninstall the same then I am getting some error message, I don’t know what is it, Is there anyone who has faced the same while uninstalling the ASUS Gamer OSD and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    Before I suggest you anything I will suggest to make a note of that error and post the same here. Other than this I just wanted to know if you have tried uninstalling it in the safe mode?? If not then try out the same and then let me know if you are able to uninstall it or not?

Yes I have tried out uninstalling it in the safe mode as well but then I am getting the same response there as well, I am getting the below error message:
    Error Loading
    C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\00\Int
    el32\Ctor.dll

It also says that the “specific module could not be found”

That’s weird but then I will suggest you to check out that there is no program running in the background, I mean that just check out in the task manager, if you found any than just close it and then try uninstalling it again. If you are still not able to uninstall the program then try installing it again with UAC disabled and after that try to uninstall it again. Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

Hey I have tried out the same I mean that I have tried out uninstalling it but when it did not worked then I tried installing it again and then uninstalling it but it did not made any difference. I have also tried out with the UAC disabled and enabled but then I don’t think that they are making any difference. Is there any other solution that I can try out to fix this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Hey I have tried out the same I mean that I have tried out uninstalling it again but when it did not worked then I tried out installing it again and then uninstalling it again but then it was not making any difference. I have also tried out with the UAC disabled and enabled but then I don’t think that they are making any difference. Is there any other solution that I can try out to fix this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

If you are not able to uninstall the same with the above method as well then I will suggest you to check out for the Program Files deleted to the ASUS Gamer OSD and then delete it, if possible then just do a search in the registry for the ASUS Gamer OSD and then just delete all the reference that you find for it and see if you are able to uninstall it or not?? If you still have a problem with it then I think that you will have to make a clean installation of the os to get rid of this issue.

Hey I have checked out in the Task Manager but then I did not found any program running there, I have also checked out in the registry and program files and I had found some references but then I have deleted the same now. Later when I crossed checked it out in the program files then I am still able to see the OSD. I have tried uninstalling it again but then I am still getting the same error message, I am really running out of ideas and I don’t know what to do. Is there any other method that I can try out?? I really need a effective solution to solve this out because by now I have tried a no of solution but then did not had any luck yet. Please help!!

I think that you might have been attacked by some serious virus, I will suggest you to get a effective antivirus and update it as well and then run a full scan and while running the scan then make sure that you are not running any other program at that time and after the process is completed then just reboot the machine and then try to uninstall it again and see if it is making any difference or not, I think that this should help. Best of luck.

I don’t think that there is a virus problem because I am having quick heal already and I have been updating it and using it from a long time and I have not been attacked by viruses by now, I think that some files is missing that is required to uninstall it but then reinstalling it again and then uninstalling it again should have done the work, is there anyone who can help me out further??