Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop overheating

Portable Devices

Old 24-12-2011

Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop overheating

Hi, i am having Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop in which i have noticed as after some moderate use of the laptop it just gets overheated. Thus when i was searching solution online i came to know that there were some problem because of the either CPU's overheating or CPU temperature controls or CPU fans or CPU software and temperature reading drivers.

But I am completely stumped as what could be the reason causing such problem with the machine, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Old 24-12-2011

Re: Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop overheating

See the most important thing that usually cause the machine to be overheating is the laptops fan and that’s because of the dirt and dust. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to clean the laptop fan first and see whether you are getting any variation in the performance or not.

See I have mentioned the LINK for the video and they have very given very good explanation regarding wiping out the dust from the CPU fan thus you should have a glance and see how they have done everything and try to do the same. but still if you are not aware about the internal assembly then you must have to do this under any expert guidance or else you may cause some severe damage in the machine.
Old 24-12-2011

Don’t know what could be the reason but still I would rather make use of a commercial laptop cooler. A laptop cooler pad is an external USB powered fan that serve up as a foundation for your laptop. If your laptop produced a lot of warmth, even with a dirt free cooling system, a laptop cooler will enlarge the life of your laptop.
Old 24-12-2011

I would say you have gotten correct thing as there could be either some problem with any of the mentioned factors, but I have always noticed like as far as issue is been related to software they are most probably with the drivers that we used to install in the machine for almost all the hardware’s.

Thus according to me you should first try to make sure whether those installed drivers are working perfectly or not and if you found any problem with the same then you should try to reinstall them as soon as possible.
Old 24-12-2011

unsoiled the cooling fan exhaust system. The cooling or CPU fan is located on the side or back of the laptop case. A stopped CPU fan vent keeps warmth air trapped inside the case.

After that always make use of an aerosol air cloth to loosen the debris, and then utilize a vacuum cleaner with crevice tool to vacuum out the dust and dirt.
Old 24-12-2011

Quote:
I would say you have gotten correct thing as there could be either some problem with any of the mentioned factors, but I have always noticed like as far as issue is been related to software they are most probably with the drivers that we used to install in the machine for almost all the hardware’s.

Thus according to me you should first try to make sure whether those installed drivers are working perfectly or not and if you found any problem with the same then you should try to reinstall them as soon as possible.
I am wholly agree with the above user but still in addition to this I would like to recommend you that you should try to update the BIOS as well. because wrong BIOS or corrupted BIOS can also cause such overheating problem in the machine that we should have to avoid.
Old 24-12-2011

See as far as my recommendation is concerned i would say you should always make use of your laptop on a tray, desktop, or other cool surface. If you make use of it on your lap, ensure clothes, upholstery or bedding are not overcrowding the case vents. Blocked vents are the number one cause of laptop overheating.

Apart from that you should always utilize an aerosol air duster, or can of compressed air, to blow dust from the air intake vents. Air intake vents are a set of slots on the side or bottom of the case that allow cool air to flow into the laptop.
Old 25-12-2011

I think it would be better if you contact the service center and get the laptop tested from there, because see if there will be any problem with any part of laptop then you must have to get it replaced from the service center. I hope you must be having warranty period remaining for your laptop because otherwise you must have to pay then for each and every service they will offer you for the device.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,