Thread: iPhone 4 speaker and mic not working properly

iPhone 4 speaker and mic not working properly

I have recently bought an iPhone 4 and it has been working fine by now but then I don’t know what happened to it suddenly and now when I am receiving a call then the person who has called me is not able to hear me but then I am able to hear him without any problem and this happens often because sometimes when I receive calls then I don’t have any such problem. The other problem is that when I receive any call or I call anybody then I hear crackling noise from the mic but then I don’t have any problem when I am using the speaker phone. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: iPhone 4 speaker and mic not working properly

I have recently bought an iPhone 4 and it has been working fine by now but then I don’t know what happened to it suddenly and now when I am receiving a call then the person who has called me is not able to hear me but then I am able to hear him without any problem and this happens often because sometimes when I receive calls then I don’t have any such problem. The other problem is that when I receive any call or I call anybody then I hear crackling noise from the mic but then I don’t have any problem when I am using the speaker phone. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    I am having the same problem, I mean the mic is not working in my case and the person who calls me is not able to hear me but then I am able to record any video and hear the voice as well and this is confusing me in deciding whether the speaker is actually working or not, I don’t have any problem in playing music or memos as well. I really don’t know what to do seem like a hardware problem but then I am not able to track out the cause of it. Is there anyone who has resolved this issue and can help us with the same, Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I was having the same crackling problem before but then I was able to track out the cause of it, I am not that sure about it but I found that there where a no of app that were running in the background while I use to call and because of that I was getting the crackling sound but then after closing the apps and then tested the same by making a call then I was not getting the crackling noise. You might be having the same case so just check it out and then let me know if it is helping you or not.

I think that you might have been lucky with the solution you have tried out because I have tried out the same and it is still not working for me and I am still able to hear the crackling noise every time when I make a call and use the mic. Is there any other solution that I can try out?? Any further help will be appreciated.

I am facing the same during calls and I am not having the same problem in playing music and videos and I have by now tried the below methods but none of them actually helped and I am left with the same problem:
    • Hard Reset
    • Restoring from backup and activating as new phone as well
    • Resetting Network Settings
    • Disabling the EQ in iPod

Is there any other solution that I can try out to solve the issue.

I have tried the same as well and they are just not making any difference and other than this I have also tried to update to IOS 4.3.3. but then even it did not helped, I am really running out of ideas and I don’t know what to do, I really want to solve it out somehow, please help!!

I have found a no of people facing the same and it is surely some kind of hardware problem because some have tried out a no of solution to get it fixed but then the problem remains the same. Some people have mentioned that they have get it repaired from the apple service center, so if you want then you can visit the nearest apple service center and see what they have to say about it.

I think that even I will have to visit the service center only because I have been searching a solution to get it fixed somehow in a no of forum but then I have not yet found a effective solution for the same, anyways thanks to you all for your help I really appreciate you help.